Fluctuating calories make any difference?

Options
I am wondering if most people try to stick to eating the same calories everyday or vary it? I am using the TDEE-20% equation, but some days I eat over that amount, some days slightly under. I'm too early in the game to tell how I'm doing in the long run, but in the short run, I've lost about 6 pounds in 4 weeks.

Has anyone noticed whether having high calories days or low calorie days can make any difference?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• summergirl212
    summergirl212 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't have experience doing it myself but I would imagine as long as your under and over days average out to about what you are supposed to be eating then you are doing just fine. :]
  • clarebear230786
    clarebear230786 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i found this website which is really good, you put in your stats as a normal TDEE calculator then it gives you an example of a 7 day calorie zigzag idea, I'm only a couple off weeks in and lost 1lb per week so far but I am going to try this in a few more weeks

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    go to the results section on this, hopefully link works :)

Hope this helps :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i eat less cals monday to thursday and have a higher calorie day on friday or saturday.

as long as you're in a calorie dficit at the end of the week you'll lose weight.