Hello! Come say hi.

Options
Hi there!

I'm in the zone, something clicked and I've decided to do something about my health. So I've been taking one day at a time ( from Jan 1st 2014) and I'm doing great.

So far I've said goodbye to 8lbs and another 62lbs to go. I've cut out sugar, alcohol, I'm eating reduced amounts of carbs, eating plenty of veg & fruit and making all meals from scratch.

There'll be off days I'm sure and days when I'm flying high with motivation, I just need to remember to keep going no matter what.

I've had too many times in the past where it was going well and then I tripped, stumbled and thought...too late can't do it! No excuses now it needs to be done.

I know I will find the encouragement here with MFP and all you wonderful people aiming for the same winning post....so I'm here to join the race and succeed.

:-)

Replies

• chefclairrbear77
    chefclairrbear77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I restarted on Jan 1st also and had that same just clicked feeling when enough is enough. Good luck on you journey sounds like your doing just great so far though. ????
  • chocpot
    chocpot Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you - al the best to you as well....here's to reaching our goals! :-)
  • Dorajohnson
    Dorajohnson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you!!! I started Jan 1 and down 6 lbs we are here to help one another.
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi congratulations and may you keep succeeding. I too have radically changed my diet but cutting out all the bad stuff. If you are welcome to add me as a friend if you are looking for motivation and someone willing to work for it. :)
  • chocpot
    Options
    Awesome, you know we can do this right! It's not going to be easy but baby steps as they say. Keep up the great work GF. :smile:
  • chocpot
    Options
    Thanks a mil, you sound like you have a plan and are working hard. Running is something I know would be good for me once I've got to a point where I wouldn't collapse in a heap and of course my poor knees wouldn't give up. It's on my to do list for sure.

Look forward to keeping on track with you.:smile:
  • meekmeek342
    meekmeek342 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    I can relate ohh so well. This is the beginning for me also, 2014 will be OUR year for great health. I am fully embracing the encouragement of MFP and in return I give the same to you all. Have a wonderful day!!!
  • chocpot
    Options
    You are so right 2014 is the year for us, let's keep the motivation on a roll ( preferably not a bread roll...sorry bad joke!). I think when we have bad days we need to have friends out there who are able to help us get back on the straight and narrow.

Have a great day too, keep focused and stay happy. :smile:
    Good morning!
    I can relate ohh so well. This is the beginning for me also, 2014 will be OUR year for great health. I am fully embracing the encouragement of MFP and in return I give the same to you all. Have a wonderful day!!!
  • ktuck0205
    ktuck0205 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started on January 1st also :) We can do this!