Your most awesome NSV

Options

Replies

• Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Last year I was looking at the possibility of needing to buy a bigger belt.
    Today I am wearing the same belt, and it is in a hole I had to put in, leaving the 5 original holes empty.

Went to try on my suit...realized that I may have to take it in so much I might have to buy a new one.

Realizing I am going to need a new wedding ring as the old one is falling off my finger (Spinner, so I can't have the size adjusted).

I very much ignore the scale.
  • nalm5150
    nalm5150 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Haha...I was thinking the same thing......everything comes around again....so save the clothes unless they are "BIG" clothes!
  • seattle_hd
    seattle_hd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This one is kinda silly, but it pleases me...My wedding ring spins on my finger when I'm typing!

I have this "problem" too and LOVE it since I was at one point completely unable to remove my rings, and was getting a little afraid I might have to have them cut off. It's one of the reasons I started this, since cutting off my wedding an anniversary rings would have been horrible.

I can wear my wedding ring again! I'm super happy about that.
  • enchromaticc
    enchromaticc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1. When my pants literally started FALLING off. I haven't even lost that much yet! But I keep hiking them up and my whole gym class is noticing hahah

2. The first time I was able to do 10 pushups. I've never done that before.

3. DOING BICYCLE CRUNCHES IN THE 30 DAY SHRED FOR THE FIRST TIME! I almost cried!

4. My purity ring is spinning around my fingers! I can't wear it on my ring finger anymore. It's on my middle, and it's STILL loose.

5. Finally feeling some bicepry. I cannot even. I actually have muscle????!!?!?!?!
  • Jormesher
    Jormesher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was totally upset after work today. All I wanted to do was eat all the cookies I could find or go buy an expensive purse. My NSV moment came when I started thinking about everything that was going on and decided I should go for a run instead!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    My most awesome NSV happened a few months ago in the security line at the airport. Male TSA officer tells female officer to pat down my shoulder because I had something in my sleeve. Female grabs my arm and says "She's got muscles in her sleeve."

lakersbro.gif
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    My most awesome NSV happened a few months ago in the security line at the airport. Male TSA officer tells female officer to pat down my shoulder because I had something in my sleeve. Female grabs my arm and says "She's got muscles in her sleeve."

lakersbro.gif

:bigsmile:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Being able to do an unassisted chin-up again. :happy:
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Discovering tonight that the Banana Republic suit, the one I bought right before I gained a bunch of weight, is close to fitting! The pants are a bit tight and the jacket doesn't look right when it's buttoned, but I've had that suit sitting in my closet for ten years--about the only article of clothing that I held on to when I gained weight--waiting for when I could wear it again. And now that day is pretty damn close! :smile:
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    When I realized I had a lap that could not only hold one baby but two and comfortably read them a story.

Also, that my 2 year old niece can recognize her grandma and several other family members in old photos but refuses to believe that a 10-year old picture of me (not even at my heaviest) is in fact me!
  • cassy_runs
    Options
    Kinda silly, but the growing inches between my hips and the arms of the chairs on the patio at Starbucks when I sit down. :blushing: i spend a lot of time there chatting with friends and even sometimes working. My *kitten* no longer takes up the whole seat, haha.
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Probably running 10k after doing the C210k program. Also, when I went shopping in December and bought clothes in size 10 and 12 (not sure what that is in US sizes, I'm talking Australia/NZ sizing)
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Two things....1) Last week I walked to my drs office and back....12.6 miles round trip.

2) I bought a fitbit on 11/3/13.....today I hit my first million steps!
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I can leg press 540lbs 5 times, even the guys in the gym were impressed
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    being on top during sex...i'd always been leery of that position because i didn't like knowing my partner could see all my insecurities....but now i'm like hell....lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Seeing my collar bones for the first time!
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! That is my goal. One chin up. Nice Work!!!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have a few pairs of pants that I haven't been able to wear for a few years due to them being entirely way too tight and not being able to button them.

I tried them on before Christmas and not only do they fit, but I needed a belt. Unfortunately they are due to be retired due to be on the older side and having been worn a good amount prior to my weight gain.

Frankly, another huge NSV is just being able to do stuff that I've never been able to do as I haven't been in shape.
  • EHolstrom
    EHolstrom Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    hen i was able to wear y wedding rings again. its small but it meant everything to me. now looking at my hand not only reminds me of how much i love my husband but how far ive come
  • enchromaticc
    enchromaticc Posts: 33 Member
    Options

lakersbro.gif

this is probably my favourite :laugh: I remember yesterday I was doing a Kickbox workout in my room, and my dad came in just at the end, when it was 30 squats, 30 jumping jacks and 10 pushups without breath. When he saw me just string it all together (and DEMOLISH the pushups) he looked at me in such awe and surprise like "Wtf??? When did you start doing pushups?" I was so proud, it's not even funny.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!