Lost 160 Pounds in 6 Months-100% Natural Using MFP

Options

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being so determined and having this much success so far, that's incredible.

i may have missed it skimming over the pages here, but any specifics to give encouragement to others?

Of course, I hope ones would realize that with a lot available to lose, you can lose faster. And you can't compare between folks. 6'3" helps immensely too.

Because to obtain 6.15 lbs weekly on average is stellar, and if that was indeed all fat, as unlikely as that is, it would imply an average daily deficit of about 3000 calories.

Just curious what exercise you were able to do at the start (obviously running and lifting) for how long that got your daily burn up so high to allow a deficit that big, and what kind of eating level did you start with and make it to currently, did you have to drop any foods that set you off, or good enough at portion control to still enjoy things?

And any rewards you gave yourself through the time there, like for reaching subgoals of weight or distance or weight lifted, ect?
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good work man!
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank you for giving me an amazing dose of inspiration today. Congrats on your past success and a huge congrats on your future success as well. This I can give with no reservations, as there is no doubt of your continued success. You Sir......ROCK!!!!!!!!!
  • goingtodoitin14
    Options
    Congrats to you! You have overcome so much! You look great!!
  • jwalters0616
    jwalters0616 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being so determined and having this much success so far, that's incredible.

i may have missed it skimming over the pages here, but any specifics to give encouragement to others?

Of course, I hope ones would realize that with a lot available to lose, you can lose faster. And you can't compare between folks. 6'3" helps immensely too.

Because to obtain 6.15 lbs weekly on average is stellar, and if that was indeed all fat, as unlikely as that is, it would imply an average daily deficit of about 3000 calories.

Just curious what exercise you were able to do at the start (obviously running and lifting) for how long that got your daily burn up so high to allow a deficit that big, and what kind of eating level did you start with and make it to currently, did you have to drop any foods that set you off, or good enough at portion control to still enjoy things?

And any rewards you gave yourself through the time there, like for reaching subgoals of weight or distance or weight lifted, ect?

Thanks for watching. As far as a deficit goes, there probably was that high of a deficit daily, but reminder, I was monitored every two weeks with blood work by my doctors. Here is what I did, when i started my BMR was about, 3820 Calories, my diet was 1200-1500 calories and my exercise was 60 minutes walking 2x's a day, which burned approximately 2200. so to maintain it would have been 6020 calories, i was eating 1500, so my deficit was approx. 4,520. It sounds crazy but it is true. As far as treat days, no. Most people rewards themselves, but I figure, I don't want to be tempted and if I eat a piece of chocolate every week am I really curing myself of the obsession I had with food, or just putting up with the craving until my next fix? Everyone is different, but I was completely obsessed with eating, obviously. So to cut it out completely makes it a lifestyle approach and after about month 2, I didn't even crave it anymore and as of now, I don't think I would eat it if I had 2,000 extra calories a day to burn.

As far as exercise, even now, walking is king. I listen to books so I learn as I walk, it is my meditation. I started out at 2 miles a day max, and now I walk 10-12 a day.

As far as loosing weight, its not a race. Losing weight is a result of a lot of small efforts leading to a final outcome. I make a calendar on my fridge and record my weight every morning. This lets me track fluctuations in my weight and lets me stay focused if I start slowing down. I make goals, small goals. I mark every day with a .5 pound goal. that is roughly 1700 deficit in diet, which is getting harder as I get smaller, but not impossible. By the end of the month, I try to hit my goal which equals about 15 pounds. Again, doesn't sound like a lot but if you can average .5 pounds every day for 6 months, you will lose 90 pounds. If you start at 400+, you will average much more than .5.

Good luck and hope this helps.
  • mstanieshad
    mstanieshad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    awesome I was weary about the link too but looks like it's true. I can't wait to see my process by my daughters graduation. Keep up the good work and I know you're loving the new you.
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • davidrip1
    davidrip1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jwalters0616
    jwalters0616 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone!!!
  • MissCreepyLovestruck
    Options
    Such an amazing video. I have no doubt that your father is very proud of you. You are an inspiration!
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Well done on turning your life around.
    You have done an amazing job! ????
  • ___bella
    ___bella Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW. No words can describe how amazing your dedication and motivation is. Well done sir.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and amazing transformation! You are an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • cbbn11
    cbbn11 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Link doesn't work, vid doesn't excist it says

Worked for me.

What a great inspiration. Your dad would be so proud of you. I bookmarked your video to help keep me motivated.
  • mg_89
    mg_89 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Amazing.. congrats!!! Your video was very moving...!
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    What a great video!
    Love your dads Quote about quitting!
  • antiant777
    antiant777 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well done!! So happy for you...
  • AleshiaBunting
    AleshiaBunting Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    This was so inspiring to me. It gave me the extra motivation that I needed to keep on going. I am so proud of you and how you finally put yourself and your needs before anything else. You have a beautiful family and I know your father would be so proud of you also!
  • Krad81
    Krad81 Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing! You are an inspiration!

Thank you so much for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!