Protein Shakes for Girls?

Options
Hey everyone.

Any idea's on what protein shake to go for?

I am also wondering if anyone has tried Raspberry K2 Weight Loss Supplements? I started these on Monday. You should take 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. I have started out on 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon to let my body adjust a bit. So far I don't feel any different. Any success stories on them? Are they rubbish? As much information any of you know would be greatly appreciated.

Any recipes for smoothies also? How often do you drink them as they do have a lot of sugar in them?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated x

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Protein you buy is the same for guys and girls.. look for a low calorie high protein one (so 100-130 a scoop for 25g protein).. And Most weight loss supplements are an absolute waste of time.. its all about deficit from what your body needs.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    One scoop Optimum Nutrition whey and a cup of So Delicious 5x Protein almond milk. Drinking one right now, actually.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    For girls? My husband and I use the same protein powder... I, however make it a tastebud affair, with non-fat greek yogurt (vanilla or coconut), skim milk and a squirt of hershey's chocolate syrup, cause I'm a rebel like that. Hubs, however, just uses a little crushed up ice and some water.

Whatever floats your boat, really.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    the one in the pink tub, obv
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Protein you buy is the same for guys and girls.. look for a low calorie high protein one (so 100-130 a scoop for 25g protein).. And Most weight loss supplements are an absolute waste of time.. its all about deficit from what your body needs.

This

Also the weight loss pills don't do anything, you're wasting money...
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie:
    1 ½-2 cups fresh spinach
    ½ banana
    ½ c frozen peaches
    ½ c frozen grapes
    water
    ice (unless you freeze fruits beforehand, which I do).
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason has a new line designed specifically for women (can't figure out what the difference is) through Labrada.com called Lean Body for Her. It looks pretty expensive, but comes in a pretty pink package.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

This

Also the weight loss pills don't do anything, you're wasting money...
    Just here to quote this.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason has a new line designed specifically for women (can't figure out what the difference is) through Labrada.com called Lean Body for Her. It looks pretty expensive, but comes in a pretty pink package.

Looks like it's a blend of soy and whey, with some added calcium. You could get essentially the same thing mixing regular whey protein with soy milk, and then taking a calcium supplement.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are a complete joke. They will do NOTHING. Protein is protein....it doesn't matter if you are a guy or a girl.

*I would just like to say, I was expecting something TOTALLY different in this thread.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

It's so they can charge more, kind of like putting "gluten free" on a box on already gluten free foods
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Not what I thought this was.

*backing out before I prematurely comment*
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    the one in the pink tub, obv

QFT

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I use Impact Whey Protein - today, my post work out smoothie consisted of:

25g whey protein
    Half an avocado (60g)
    A banana (82g)
    Natural yoghurt (60g)
    A couple of drops of vanilla essence
    Water to desired thickness, and a bit of ice

Delicious! And yeh, protein is for everyone - look at the nutrition info of the powder, not the shiny packaging.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Yes, being premature is not well taken....
  • ScottishGirlXO
    ScottishGirlXO Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are a complete joke. They will do NOTHING. Protein is protein....it doesn't matter if you are a guy or a girl.

*I would just like to say, I was expecting something TOTALLY different in this thread.

If you thought you were expecting something 'totally' different and didn't like my thread - don't comment! Simple as that!

Thank you to everyone else for your help :)!
  • Jaymeow11
    Options
    i go with soy protein!!! i high recommend it!!
  • Jaymeow11
    Options
    i go with soy protein!!! i highly recommend it!!
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

Yes, being premature is not well taken....

A mouthful a day keeps the doctor away.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Oh...

I was expecting something else entirely.

Carry on.