Milk GROSS

Options
Just found out I am severely lactose intolerant. It started when I was pregnant, and has gotten much worse. Drinking milk now calls for staying home as a sick day! Which dairy milk alternative do you like best? I love having a bowl of cereal and need a milk option!

Replies

• kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I like Natura original soy milk its awesome.
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I like unsweetened almond milk. Not to drink, but in my cereal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,620 Member
    Options
    IF I drink any milk, it's usually Lactaid since I'm lactose intolerant. Just for the record though, dairy isn't a requirement. That said, I'm NEVER giving up ice cream and cheese.:happy:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'll second the almond milk!
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the almond milk. Your cereal will flavor it. If you plan to drink it, get the vanilla flavor. Coconut milk has a wonderful sweetness that mimics cow's milk. You may like that to drink straight.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have never had it on cereal but I have used it for baking and for shakes and I like the unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Nothing will have the same texture though I don't think. My husband thought he was lactose intolerant for a while but it turned out to be something else. He really liked the lactaid options.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    they make lactose free milk...I drink it everyday and I'm not even lactose intolerant...
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    My daughter (9), is in the middle of an elimination diet and right now we're doing dairy (so far all her digestive issues are gone yay!!), and for cereal I just bought our store brand's regular almond milk. She says it's ok with her cereal (which is Fruit Loops or Apple Jacks :) ). Our store also just started carrying the Silk brand dairy free yogurts and she says those taste pretty good too!
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Coconut #1 Flax #2 Almond #3
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I tried Soy milk a little while ago adn wasn't thrilled but didn't hate it either.

I just switched to unsweetened Almond milk as well due to stomach issues. I have so far only had it in protein shakes but I tried a sip plain - iether way it does the trick.

Have yet to try it in my cereal though!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I like vanilla soy milk to drink. But, I eat my cereal dry (when I have it, which is rarely). Boo soggy cereal!
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you want ice cream, coconut milk ice cream is super tasty.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    You can always use it to cleanse yourself if you feel the need to down that route.
  • GypsyPirate
    GypsyPirate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk - great on cereal and also to drink.
  • frb1983
    Options
    I like the simple truth unsweetened almond milk.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,990 Member
    Options
    The market a lactose free milk.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i drink lactaid or dairy ease (i think that's what it's called - i get it at trader joes)
  • nrussell0374
    nrussell0374 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not lactose intolerant, but I love love love vanilla almond milk in my cereal.
  • Supercatie80
    Supercatie80 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    We usually go with Walmart's Great Value brand lactose free milk. It's less expensive than the Lactaid brand. We occasionally buy Pure Almond's Vanilla flavor but I can't imagine having that on cereal for more than a few days in a row.