Think I have been going too light on breakfast

Options
Yesterday I had fruit and yogurt and I was eating clementines by 9am. I was hungry more frequently yesterday. This morning I had oatmeal, it was warm and I am still feeling satisfied. Anyone have other ideas for a warm filling breakfast during these colder months? Or anything that is filling would be good to know. Thanks

Replies

• sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    if you like oatmeal there are loads of things you can do with it
    Quinoa can also be a breakfast food depending on how you dress it up
    grits or Farina
    toast
    muffins
    eggs
    I eat toast an apple and a yogurt that fills me up till about 2 when I have lunch (I eat breakfast around 8:30)
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    my current favorite is a sweet potato-thinly sliced, sprinkle a bit of cinnamon sugar on top and bake until crisp (10 minutes, flip, 7 minutes). I have calories to spare so I dip them in ranch, but you don't have to do that :)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and fruit don't have much for staying power.

I need to have a good mix of protein, carbs and fat to get me through, at least half of the morning.

I cook and freeze oatmeal in portions, you could always have eggs and toast, make some breakfast burritos and freeze them to grab, reheat and go!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i wanted to try oatmeal this morning but i forgot. im pretty sure every time i eat oatmenal im hungry again shortly after. coffee is the only true way i can curb my hunger till lunch. lol
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Omelette?
  • Monty_P
    Monty_P Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't last long on porridge either.

Eggs keep me going!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you're an egg fan but I really love either an egg taco (1 egg, SMALL size flour tortilla, dash of southwest dressing and can add veggies if you like) or a cooked egg (I prefer scrambled, fried, or hard boiled) and slice of toast. Either breakfast is at or under 200 cal but keeps me totally satisfied from 7 am until 11:30-12
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sounds like eggs are the way to go:)