Eggs, temper and Cheetos

Options
So, I'm a serious Cheetos addict, and I had this King sized Flamin' Hots pack today, passed my calorie intake by 243. So, I was wondering exactly how harmful it is to indulge in two packs once a month. I'm planning to lose 15lbs. I also have pizza cravings and the most I take is once a month and no more than a piece a day and 3 pieces of family-sized pizza in total.

Also, I have a fried egg every night, to cover my protein intake, cuz my RM is reeeeally low. Doing aerobics to cover that. But I recently learned that it has cholestrol. Is there any way to make eggs without frying escept boiling, so that the yolk is runny?

I've been adverse to too much food for a long time before I started watching my calorie intake, so diets weren't tough for me, but recently I've become a little touchy. Is it possible that it's the lack of fatty foods in my diet that's making this happen?

Thank you, and happy weight-losing!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So, I'm a serious Cheetos addict, and I had this King sized Flamin' Hots pack today, passed my calorie intake by 243. So, I was wondering exactly how harmful it is to indulge in two packs once a month. I'm planning to lose 15lbs. I also have pizza cravings and the most I take is once a month and no more than a piece a day and 3 pieces of family-sized pizza in total.

Also, I have a fried egg every night, to cover my protein intake, cuz my RM is reeeeally low. Doing aerobics to cover that. But I recently learned that it has cholestrol. Is there any way to make eggs without frying escept boiling, so that the yolk is runny?

I've been adverse to too much food for a long time before I started watching my calorie intake, so diets weren't tough for me, but recently I've become a little touchy. Is it possible that it's the lack of fatty foods in my diet that's making this happen?

Thank you, and happy weight-losing!

Sous vide the egg in the shell for 45 min @ 145 degrees
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eggs have cholesterol no matter how you cook them. You can fry an egg in oil instead of butter or bacon fat to prevent adding any additional cholesterol. You can also soft boil, poach or bake eggs so that the yolk is still runny and add no additional fat or cholesterol.

As for the rest of your post, if you find yourself exceeding your calorie goal regularly, then I'd suggest eating less or exercising more. Flaming Hots, Cheerios, pizza, whatever is fine as long as you are meeting your calorie and nutrient goals.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Cheetos--Yes, you can eat two packs of Cheetos a month! Or more. Just work them into your calories. Man, I am hungry for Cheetos now.

Pizza--I mean, I eat pizza multiple times a week, and am losing weight--so...your plan is probably fine. :)

Eggs--You can poach them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66btvAWmp7g
    However, that won't change the cholesterol content of the actual egg. That's OK--unless you're predisposed to high cholesterol, dietary cholesterol isn't a huge thing to worry about.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Lord grant me strength.
  • princessofmilk
    Options
    Eggs (well at least in Europe) have lower cholesterol than before because of the change in the feed that they give the chickens. My dad works in the food standards agency btw. (:

Use that low calorie cooking oil spray when you're cooking fried eggs, I've heard of people putting them in a bowl and cling filming them and the yolk stays runny, I guess you could experiment with different times and see how it works out.

As for pizza try making homemade ones. You can make pizza dough by mixing greek yoghurt and self raising flour (sounds bizarre but google it) and then flavour the dough with herbs and garlic, maybe a dash of olive oil if you like. Then use tomato passata or puree plus whatever toppings you like. You can usually find low fat mozarella in shops and then add veggies or lean meat.

As for cheetos, do they come in kids size bags? We don't have them here so I don't really know.
  • NafisaT13
    Options
    I don't usually indulge in more than two King sized packs a month, so I'm comfortable now. And I'll definitely try the different egg recipes! the sous vide is a little too time consuming for me, so I'll try poaching. I never had cholestrol problems so I guess it's okay.

Thank you all so much for your help!