Protein Shakes for Girls?

Options

Replies

• InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I just bought "Lean 1" by Nutrition 53. It seems to get pretty good reviews--it has some Hoodia and green coffee bean extract added in, along with fish oil and CLA.

Raspberry Ketones DO help, if you're working out regularly. They enhance your results. I'd just steer clear of anythign that isn't pure ketones--keep the caffeine and all the other garbage out of it. I've never tried that particular brand you mentioned, but I've tried ketones and they truly did help speed up the fat loss. I'm starting them again today myself.

Thank you!!!! The first decent reply. Some people are just damn right rude.
    Thank you for your help - I really appreciate it :) x

Of allllll the posts here THIS is the one you're going with??

Good luck to you.

Excuse me? I am not going to reply to everyone - but I can sure as hell tell you that was a decent reply compared to some other cheeky people. I thought this was about support etc? Just as *****y as facebook! GROW UP.
    You stated it was the first decent reply, it wasn't. It was the first reply that told you the gimmick you just started using works. There were plenty other decent replies that weren't cheeky or rude.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I just bought "Lean 1" by Nutrition 53. It seems to get pretty good reviews--it has some Hoodia and green coffee bean extract added in, along with fish oil and CLA.

Raspberry Ketones DO help, if you're working out regularly. They enhance your results. I'd just steer clear of anythign that isn't pure ketones--keep the caffeine and all the other garbage out of it. I've never tried that particular brand you mentioned, but I've tried ketones and they truly did help speed up the fat loss. I'm starting them again today myself.

so then you either skipped over several (mine included), or you're one of "those users" that only considers the answers they *want* "decent". solid effort, OP.

good luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Good luck to you.

Excuse me? I am not going to reply to everyone - but I can sure as hell tell you that was a decent reply compared to some other cheeky people. I thought this was about support etc? Just as *****y as facebook! GROW UP.
    You stated it was the first decent reply, it wasn't. It was the first reply that told you the gimmick you just started using works. There were plenty other decent replies that weren't cheeky or rude.

^This.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    This seems to have turned out to be yet another one of those posts where "rude" = "doesn't agree with me". Whatevs. Good luck with your ketones.
  • ScottishGirlXO
    ScottishGirlXO Posts: 15 Member
    Options

So almost every other person on here is telling you they are a waste of money and you choose the one person that supports it. If you only wanted people to agree with you and tell you they worked, you should have clarified that in your OP.

Lets get one thing straight - I said thank you for the first decent reply. Sorry...... I forgot that meant I agreed! No honey, they are simply 2 different things. Just because they work for 1 person doesn't mean to say they will work for everyone! I simply wanted information on them. If they are a waste of money, then fine but I will continue to take them until I have finished them and if I dont see any difference or feel any different, I wont be purchasing more. Now, is this ok with you?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    guys, it's cool...let her be the one to judge which answers are worthy.
    maybe we can offer "decent replies" in her next thread wondering why shes gaining after stopping the "diet pills".

derpers gon' derp.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Good luck to you.

I knew there was a reason I denied your friend request. Thanks for solidifying that for me.
  • KezJB
    KezJB Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry haven't read the thread so don't know it this has been said.
    I started with Maxitone Definity
    http://www.maxishop.com/maxitone/body-toning/definity-protein-plus

as this is designed specifically for women and thought it would do the job, then my BF pointed out that it was really expensive and I swapped to Maximuscle promax,
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maximuscle-Promax-Cookies-Protein-Powder/dp/B001TH65RU

Which are basically the same product but one is aimed at women and the other at men, the women's is much more expensive. If you compare the nutritional breakdown there is very little difference.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Good luck to you.

There were plenty of people being supportive by letting you know that you don't need a special protein powder for "girls" and that diet pills are a waste of money. You don't have to reply to all of them and you don't have to reply to any of them. But what you did was ignore them and claim that the ONE reply that supported your use of diet pills was the only decent reply up to that point. It doesn't sound like you started a thread looking for support - it sounds like you started a thread looking for people to agree with you and had a fit when they didn't. Maybe you should take your own advice...
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Rage quit in 3....2....1.....
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

Good luck to you.

There were plenty of people being supportive by letting you know that you don't need a special protein powder for "girls" and that diet pills are a waste of money. You don't have to reply to all of them and you don't have to reply to any of them. But what you did was ignore them and claim that the ONE reply that supported your use of diet pills was the only decent reply up to that point. It doesn't sound like you started a thread looking for support - it sounds like you started a thread looking for people to agree with you and had a fit when they didn't. Maybe you should take your own advice...

+1

And if you're looking for support, maybe head over to the "Motivation and Support" forum.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    In before the lock... I was hoping for some entertainment today. Oh MFP, how snarky and rude you've made me.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I use the same protein shake as my husband, Syntha-6, but he bought separate containers so I can glue Swarovski crystals on mine.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Hawaiian protein shake
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I use the same protein shake as my husband, Syntha-6, but he bought separate containers so I can glue Swarovski crystals on mine.

That's a brilliant idea! Ha... I love this thread.:flowerforyou:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason has a new line designed specifically for women (can't figure out what the difference is) through Labrada.com called Lean Body for Her. It looks pretty expensive, but comes in a pretty pink package.

the difference? a bigger hole in your wallet. that's it!

the girl protein i take makes me fart glitter...it's amazing :bigsmile:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Good thinking. I'm going to bedazzle mine this weekend. Thanks for the idea!
  • evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Try this website for other smoothie ideas:

http://simplegreensmoothies.com/
  • Kellervdb
    Options
    OP is dumb.

Fat burners don't burn fat.

Try caffeine for a thermogenic effect and don't be a ***** about it. Ephedrine is also a nice appetite suppressant.

Overall, you're a girl. You only need like 60 grams of protein a day (ASSUMING YOU LIFT) and whey protein has nothing over any other type of protein except for it's absorption time, which is useless information for you because I'm going to safely assume you're a novice.

Have a nice day.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    So, since my hubby and I use the same protein, am I doing it wrong? OHHHH NOES! i lift heavy weights too! Definitely turning into a man.