Protein Shakes for Girls?

Options

Replies

• DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    OP is dumb.

Fat burners don't burn fat.

Try caffeine for a thermogenic effect and don't be a ***** about it. Ephedrine is also a nice appetite suppressant.

Overall, you're a girl. You only need like 60 grams of protein a day (ASSUMING YOU LIFT) and whey protein has nothing over any other type of protein except for it's absorption time, which is useless information for you because I'm going to safely assume you're a novice.

Have a nice day.

tumblr_msavizU0Tg1qlcwfwo2_r1_500.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I just bought "Lean 1" by Nutrition 53. It seems to get pretty good reviews--it has some Hoodia and green coffee bean extract added in, along with fish oil and CLA.

Raspberry Ketones DO help, if you're working out regularly. They enhance your results. I'd just steer clear of anythign that isn't pure ketones--keep the caffeine and all the other garbage out of it. I've never tried that particular brand you mentioned, but I've tried ketones and they truly did help speed up the fat loss. I'm starting them again today myself.

How would you know this??? To what were you comparing your results?

And why are you starting them again today? Did you stop taking them the first time before you reached your goal? (If so, why? Especially if you were so certain of their efficacy?)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I just bought "Lean 1" by Nutrition 53. It seems to get pretty good reviews--it has some Hoodia and green coffee bean extract added in, along with fish oil and CLA.

Raspberry Ketones DO help, if you're working out regularly. They enhance your results. I'd just steer clear of anythign that isn't pure ketones--keep the caffeine and all the other garbage out of it. I've never tried that particular brand you mentioned, but I've tried ketones and they truly did help speed up the fat loss. I'm starting them again today myself.

Thank you!!!! The first decent reply. Some people are just damn right rude.
    Thank you for your help - I really appreciate it :) x

So almost every other person on here is telling you they are a waste of money and you choose the one person that supports it. If you only wanted people to agree with you and tell you they worked, you should have clarified that in your OP.

Lets get one thing straight - I said thank you for the first decent reply. Sorry...... I forgot that meant I agreed! No honey, they are simply 2 different things. Just because they work for 1 person doesn't mean to say they will work for everyone! I simply wanted information on them. If they are a waste of money, then fine but I will continue to take them until I have finished them and if I dont see any difference or feel any different, I wont be purchasing more. Now, is this ok with you?

It wasn't the "1st decent reply" though. That would have been the very first reply you got.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    OP is dumb.

Try caffeine for a thermogenic effect and don't be a ***** about it. Ephedrine is also a nice appetite suppressant.

Overall, you're a girl. You only need like 60 grams of protein a day (ASSUMING YOU LIFT) and whey protein has nothing over any other type of protein except for it's absorption time, which is useless information for you because I'm going to safely assume you're a novice.

Have a nice day.

There's so much good yet also so much bad about this post.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    My wife lights some vanilla-scented candles and plays soft music before she makes herself a protein shake. She'll put fruit and stuff in the vitamix with it. Usually she drinks it reclining, wearing some warm fuzzy socks, and it always looks to be in soft focus.

I mix mine with as little water as possible until it is about the consistency of custard, or perhaps flan if you're ethnic, at which point I choke it down, grimace, and slam my fist on the table. Loud heavy metal plays and I bulge my eyes out and describe things as being "extreme" or "massive" or "chutney".

Otherwise the actual powder is the same.
  • ScottishGirlXO
    ScottishGirlXO Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would just like to thank you all for your helpful replies.

As for the sarcasm - I can deal with that, I find it quite amusing tbh hehe.

Best get back to work. Much love honeys :flowerforyou: x
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *tiptoes out*

what was i thinking coming in here.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend the kind that brings the boys to the yard.....
    original.0 \m/
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    OP is dumb.

Have a nice day.

^ did that really just happen :noway:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    OP is dumb.

Have a nice day.
    Dude there is so much wrong with your reply but I highlighted my favorite.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    OP is dumb.

Have a nice day.

borat-high-five-o.gif
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    OP is dumb.

Have a nice day.

^ did that really just happen :noway:
    1344469362227s.jpg \m/
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    OP is dumb.

Have a nice day.
    Dude there is so much wrong with your reply but I highlighted my favorite.

So the 150+ grams of protein i will be injesting today is too much?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I would just like to thank you all for your helpful replies.

As for the sarcasm - I can deal with that, I find it quite amusing tbh hehe.

Best get back to work. Much love honeys :flowerforyou: x

Solid attitude. Don't let it slow you down. People hold the products in contempt, not the people tricked by them. They often do a bad job expressing it.

Suffice it to say there is not a single itty bitty bona fide scientific study anywhere that even implies that ketones - raspberry or otherwise - actually have any effect whatsoever on humans. If there were any validity to the product claims, manufacturers could pay a pittance to an independent lab to perform a clinical study and prove the efficacy of their products.

I'm sorry to say that such a thing is just so much more snake oil trying to lure the desperate into parting with their money.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    My wife lights some vanilla-scented candles and plays soft music before she makes herself a protein shake. She'll put fruit and stuff in the vitamix with it. Usually she drinks it reclining, wearing some warm fuzzy socks, and it always looks to be in soft focus.

I mix mine with as little water as possible until it is about the consistency of custard, or perhaps flan if you're ethnic, at which point I choke it down, grimace, and slam my fist on the table. Loud heavy metal plays and I bulge my eyes out and describe things as being "extreme" or "massive" or "chutney".

Otherwise the actual powder is the same.
    Winner.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

Any idea's on what protein shake to go for?

I am also wondering if anyone has tried Raspberry K2 Weight Loss Supplements? I started these on Monday. You should take 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. I have started out on 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon to let my body adjust a bit. So far I don't feel any different. Any success stories on them? Are they rubbish? As much information any of you know would be greatly appreciated.

Any recipes for smoothies also? How often do you drink them as they do have a lot of sugar in them?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated x

Isopure for protein powder.

Weight loss supplements are usually rubbish.

For smoothies I typically use 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 2-3 cups spinach leaves, 1/2 vanilla greek yogurt. This recipe makes more than one serving.
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFgEGmAbJew

that is my favorite protein shake....

especially when it gets everywhere.
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason has a new line designed specifically for women (can't figure out what the difference is) through Labrada.com called Lean Body for Her. It looks pretty expensive, but comes in a pretty pink package.

My gym (an all women's gym), gives out samples of this when you join. I don't know about it being for men/women/dogs, but damn it's tasty. But it is really expensive -- with the discount I get at the gym, It's still $40+ for a box of 20 servings. The taste thing is really important to me in my protein shake or else I won't drink it. I looked on Amazon and they also make one called Labrada Pro 8. You get 45 servings for the same price as 20 of the Lean Body for Her and it tastes exactly the same. The only difference is it's about 30 calories higher, but that's negligible for me.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are a complete joke. They will do NOTHING. Protein is protein....it doesn't matter if you are a guy or a girl.

*I would just like to say, I was expecting something TOTALLY different in this thread.

If you thought you were expecting something 'totally' different and didn't like my thread - don't comment! Simple as that!

Thank you to everyone else for your help :)!

Are you asking for help or for someone to just agree with your choices? There is a difference.

OMG! Exactly! OP!!!!!! You were not looking for advice, you were looking for someone to say "there there....go ahead and waste your money on gimmics and fads...it is fine" Where will those people be when it fails and you are back here posting how upset you are because you still are not losing and you can't figure out why? You received some VERY good advice here....the map to sexy pants is a GREAT read and it gives you the info that WILL work.