This seems like an awful lot of work for 1-2 lbs.

Options
I plan out what I am eating for every meal. I grocery shop. I chop, mix, blend, bake, cook, and then the dishes, lots and lots of dishes. I measure, I weigh, I track every thing I eat. I walk, I take the stairs, I move more. I go to bed and do it all the next day. All this for a 1-2 lb loss a week. Don't you feel like you deserve 10 lbs a week for all the hard work?

I'm not complaining though, I had many, many, many years of quick meals, fast food, and countless hours eating in front of the tv. I need to do the work. So here's to a healthy lifestyle change and many more days, weeks, months, and years of healthy activity!

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I plan out what I am eating for every meal. I grocery shop. I chop, mix, blend, bake, cook, and then the dishes, lots and lots of dishes. I measure, I weigh, I track every thing I eat. I walk, I take the stairs, I move more. I go to bed and do it all the next day. All this for a 1-2 lb loss a week. Don't you feel like you deserve 10 lbs a week for all the hard work?

I'm not complaining though, I had many, many, many years of quick meals, fast food, and countless hours eating in front of the tv. I need to do the work. So here's to a healthy lifestyle change and many more days, weeks, months, and years of healthy activity!

After a while it does not take as much effort. Yea....I know the feeling since I have been working on my last 5 pounds for the last year and a half lol.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5lbs in 13 weeks. I'd be super happy with 1-2lbs a week.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    This is the part where it becomes a "lifestyle". It takes work and dedication. My husband and I can easily spend 2-3 hours a night in the kitchen doing food prep, cooking dinner and doing dishes. We've been doing this for many years and there's no end in sight.

Just gotta prep stuff for a couple days at a time. Cooked proteins stay good for 3-4 days, cooked pasta for 3, cooked sweet potatoes for 4, cracked eggs for three, etc. Spend a couple hours on Sundays and Wednesdays doing the heavy lifting (cooking foods) and then you can just measure out what you need and package them up the rest of the nights. Or pre-package servings for a couple days at a time as well.

And really, a 1-2 lbs loss a week is great. Just wait till you get to the point that you're maybe losing .5 a lb a week yet still putting in all that effort.
  • RoxyBaroque
    RoxyBaroque Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Haha sooooo many dishes! My lift seems to be spent either in the gym or by the sink these days!