Hair chopping

Options
mochamommy
mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
I was thinking of getting my hair chopped off short like Jennifer Lawerences. But is my face too fat for that hairstyle?

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Not at all! JLaw had a nice round face and it looks great on her. I have a very narrow face but rocked that haircut for about a year. It's an awesome style, easy to do and easy to "change" (wear curly or flat or even faux-hawekd). I say, go for it!

PS there's a lot of hate on these boards for short hair on ladies, so brace yourself for the negativity about to flow in
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I don't think so...are you going to wear it straight ?

Go for it if you like the style! It's just hair and change is good! :)
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I don't think it looks good on Jennifer Lawrence or anyone else personally.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I was at my hair stylist last month and a few of the girls were talking about people that bring in a picture and say "I want my hair done like this!" Here is a question they ask: Do you like the hairstyle itself or do you just like the way it looks on whatever celebrity is wearing it? Then they'll take the picture, cover up the face and show the hair style and ask them if they still like it. Most of the time they like the person it's on and not the actual style.

So the question is do you like the person it's on or do you truly like the style?
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I think you should do it! I had my hair to my butt and cut it off to a pixie. So liberating~
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I concur climbin_tree!! I loved it when I chopped off my hair and I felt Freedom!! lol Plus it matches my new sassy personality!!
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Personally I prefer long hair on women but i could just be biased as mine is all the way down my back and then some...I don't think the short style would suit your face shape but you a beautiful so i'm sure whatever you decide it would look fantastic.....

~Charlie
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I've had mine short, long, bald, and buzz cut.

Never be afraid to try something new. It's just hair. Being sexy or good looking isn't tied to hair. If you have the personality to handle short hair, which I'm guessing you do, then go for it!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    There are websites where you can post a photo of yourself and superimpose different hairstyles to get an idea what they will look like on you. I don't have any links, but you can probably do a quick Google.

I think short hair can work on a chubby face, though yours to me looks more long than chubby. I have a longer face and curls and I look much better with hair at least shoulder-length. I did cut mine shorter a couple years ago and kind of regretted it. But hair grows.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    this is how i chopped mine...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_Vrs4BWuTbGtEiQ-ncj2VUYQQBhGf4EeyQynudo0gSLp6onk0nw
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Just do it. I spent years fretting about how I'd look if I chopped my hair off into a pixie cut. I prepared myself for the worst before I finally did it. I was like, "well, if I look terrible it will be a good exercise in forcing myself to be less vain/learning to not measure my self-esteem by whether or not men are attracted to me."

That part failed because it looked great! I receive more positive attention for my haircut than I ever have for any physical attribute in my entire life. The way people perceive me, and I perceive myself, totally changed: I went from being just another boring blond ponytail girl to looking/feeling edgy and modern and confident. People treat me different professionally. It has been a cool experience.

I'm growing it out a bit now, after a year. But I'll definitely cut it short again at some point. Because its just hair. It's fun to change it up every few years.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

This. I hate pixie cuts.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I really like how it looks on Jennifer Lawrence, so if you have a similar face shape I'd say go for it, it looks quite spiffy :)
    Personally I wouldn't do it, but that's because of laziness more than anything. I can't imagine having to get my hair cut every 6 weeks for upkeep, lol.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options

This. I hate pixie cuts.

+1,000,000. Worthless personal opinion but women should be able to AT LEAST get a pony tail in or it's too short.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options

This. I hate pixie cuts.

I don't actually care for J Law's cut either (it looks a little old/dated for someone her age), but I do love pixie cuts on many people (myself included). Ginnifer Goodwin and Michelle Williams, for instance, look awesome with short hair, in my opinion.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of getting my hair chopped off short like Jennifer Lawerences. But is my face too fat for that hairstyle?
    lolwut? No. It's not too fat. Your face is not fat. You should do whatever you like with your hair. I chopped about 20" off of mine a few years ago into a cute little bob sort of thing. I love it. I don't miss the long hair maintenance at all.

Also, as someone above mentioned, it grows back. So have an adventure!
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I say do it. I had really long hair (as you can see in my pic) and I decided to donate it and chopped it into a pixie like cut. If you have a stylist you trust ask them if they think it works with your face shape. They can tailor the cut to suite you. So while it may not look *exactly* like J. Laws, it will be a unique cut that looks perfect on you!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I got that cut as soon as I saw it on Jennifer Lawrence. My hair was already short but I love this one so much. Go for it! Hair always grows back.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'd say go for it! I've had hair long, short, in-between and currently it's just about buzzed! At one point, it was past my waist, at another it was a bob and then a pixie. Do whatever makes you feel good.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

This. I hate pixie cuts.

+1,000,000. Worthless personal opinion but women should be able to AT LEAST get a pony tail in or it's too short.
    why?