Leg pain after 30 day shred

Options
I finished day 10 of level 1 the other night and today my left leg is killing me! I pushed myself with the butt kicks at the end and I think I pulled something. I was starting to worry thinking I had a blood clot in my leg, but after lifting my leg back in the butt kick motion, I nearly went through the roof. Has this happened to anyone and if so, what did you do for the pain?

Replies

• MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I would think that if it is a blood clot you would have swelling around your ankle and foot. Hopefully you just pulled a muscle and it should get better in a few days. I pulled a neck muscle one time doing the 30DS and it hurt for a few days.

Just try to do some stretches while its healing and also make sure to stretch really good before you do the shred.

eta: I used a heating pad on my neck when it hurt really bad....not sure if it helped speed up the healing process...but it sure did make it feel better while it was on there!

Good luck and I hope it feels better soon!!
  • JenBot
    JenBot Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll try the heat. Already stretched, will do some more later on and took 4 iboprofen which has given me some relief. I'm not quitting though!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation

and the NSAIDS are a good idea too.

Don't fight through the pain and continue doing the program.
  • louisedavies311
    louisedavies311 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred last year only got to day 10 myself as my swollen up I would go and see a doctor if no better in 24 hours (I used to soak in the bath it eases muscles)
  • KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I would say you just pulled a muscle. I pulled my quad during level 1 and had to take a few rest days. RICE is a great thing to do and do some easy stretching. Feel better soon!
  • JenBot
    JenBot Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I did Level 2 tonight for the first time and it was a killer! Legs are sore, there was a lot that I couldn't do. It's a tough workout but I will continue on because I heard it gives great results.