Cougar > negative? sexy? huh?

Options

Replies

• RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with a cougar or a milf. I do not think it is a bad thing just had a bad connotation that goes along with it. I woman who targets younger men who cares, there are plenty of young woman who target older men as well. All a matter of preference. Cougars are always welcome.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    MILF is worse to me than cougar. I think because I have a son who legally is an adult, and I don't like the thought of his friends thinking like that.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    MILF is worse to me than cougar. I think because I have a son who legally is an adult, and I don't like the thought of his friends thinking like that.

if you are hot then you are hot. Woman tend to get more "nicknames" then men do.

At least nobody is calling a cougar a cradle robber
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options

I agree with that....
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have had people call me a cougar, but I don't agree. I have never chased a younger man, they always pursue me.
    But for some reason all the guys who pursue me are 10-20 years younger than me. Not that I will complain about it, I do enjoy their stamina :drinker: :blushing:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I agree with that....

Yeah, the term milf is a little bit creepy, when you think about it. I also wouldn't be thinking of myself that way or wanting teens to think of me that way. And it's also a little bit vulgar.

If someone wants to compliment me, they can do it without referring to my status as a mother. Or they can just say, "She's a Hot Mom" or something like that (if it's somehow relevant). But, if it's in humor and all in good fun, that's ok.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options

I agree with that....

Exactly. I have a friend my age who had her kids later (so they're in grade school). She likes the term "MILF" whereas I find it squicky. My DS is 24. I don't think less of her for liking the term, it's just not for me.

Overthinking: both cougar & MILF define women by either boytoys or mommyhood. And if that's your thing, go you. Me, BTDT, *yawn*.
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Depends how much younger the guy is!!
    Personally I find it offensive, it suggests a predatory nature. I never chase younger men, they pursue me

You are 35. That's hardly cougar territory.

Haha! I agreement I consider cougar anyone over 40 or 45

Then in your case 15 years old!
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    ef15198d-401c-46e6-9d8f-130123ca7ab0_zpsa866bdae.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Andy Rooney-
    As I grow in age, I value women who are over forty most of all. Here are just a few reasons why: A woman over forty will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, “What are you thinking?” She doesn’t care what you think.
    If a woman over forty doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it’s usually something more interesting.
    A woman over forty knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of forty give a hoot what you might think about her or what she’s doing.
    Women over forty are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.
    Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated.
    A woman over forty has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn’t trust the guy with other women. Women over forty couldn’t care less if you’re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won’t betray her.
    Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over forty. They always know.
    A woman over forty looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over forty is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
    Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one! You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
    Yes, we praise women over forty for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of forty-plus, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some twenty-two-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,” here’s an update for you. Now 80 percent of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it’s not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

Cute! Although my husband never watches sports. He'll be watching a science show or science fiction instead.

Also, can't relate to what he said about younger women not introducing their female friends to their boyfriend. When I was a younger women, my husband dated the gal that became my best friend (before I met either of them), he dated my college roommate before me because I told him I just wanted to be friends first. We lived with one of his former girlfriends, and it was fantastic (she's a lovely person). All of his ex girlfriends are friends of mine in real life, and a few from his teen years just on facebook. My husband has good taste in ladies and he's remained friends with the gals he dated. I'm still friends with many of the guys I dated. Back in college we'd all kiss at parties. The boundaries are a bit decreased in the younger years, things are less serious, people are getting to know one another, forming friendships and bonds, dating more casually, experimenting.

But, I will definitely agree that as we get older there are fewer misunderstandings, fewer emotional blow ups. That's all part of maturing emotionally on an individual level and in relationships.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    compliment of course
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Would you prefer men to not find you sexually attractive?

Milf is always a compliment. A hot woman is hot, regardless of age. Cougar is a loaded word, not just a hot, older woman. Cougars are on the hunt for easy prey.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

That's her personal preference and I respect it.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options

That's her personal preference and I respect it.

Different Strokes for Different Folks
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options

Milf is always a compliment. A hot woman is hot, regardless of age. Cougar is a loaded word, not just a hot, older woman. Cougars are on the hunt for easy prey.

OH NO he didn't.... THAT WORD.... HATE
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    cougar-mountain-lion-flickr-contemplicity_606.jpg
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    It can be said with a smile, a smirk, a bite in the tone and with disgust at times.

So to answer your question; Yes it can be negative, yes it can sexy...and yeah, it can be huh?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

I want MEN to find me attractive. I'd prefer the barely legal to not think of me that way. It just seems wrong. And well, barely legal.
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Personally I find it offensive, it suggests a predatory nature. I never chase younger men, they pursue me

You are 35. That's hardly cougar territory.

Haha! I agree, I consider cougar anyone over 40 or 45

I think the proper term for a woman in her 30s who is after young men is a "puma". I wouldn't like to be called either though.
  • Mellyajc
    Mellyajc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What I find more interesting is the gender difference. Isn't the male counterpart a sugardaddy? The female seems to be the 'user' in both instances, whether young or old....in one case for material goods, in the other for sex.