• MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    on sandwiches
    with pita chips
    on triscuits with daiya vegan cheese
    with cut up veggies-best is tomatoes,cucumbers,broc/cauliflower,carrots

How do you like Daiya cheeses?
    I lurve them. I also love their cream cheese!
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. I eat it with pretzel crisps most often but also use it on sandwiches instead of mayo.

If you can't find the roasted red pepper flavor, try buying the peppers in a jar and adding them yourself. So yummy!

All of this. I eat it with pita chips, pita bread, tortillas, and think it's awesome as a vegetable dip. Bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, snow peas, get in some hummus and get in my belly.
  • ujeremy
    ujeremy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe. I like soaking and boiling dried chickpeas. They are a tough bean, but worth the trouble.

Garlic Hummus

10 oz boiled chickpeas (start w 5 oz dried)
    4 cloves garlic minced
    1/3 cup tahini
    1/4 cup of lemon juice
    1/2 cup water
    1 tsp onion powder or heaping tablespoon of minced onion
    1/2 tsp salt

Puree all the ingredients together in a food processor, scraping the sides as needed. Adjust the water to desired thickness.

Squeezing the lemon juice also makes a big difference. Working on making healthy stuff good helps me stay on my diet I think.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I was freaked out for a min because I thought the topic was "Humans??" :laugh:
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I like hommus, but I love hummas
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump
  • AnIrishLibra
    AnIrishLibra Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I prefer Athenos Spicy Three Pepper. I mostly use it with veggies, or garlic oregano pita bread.

The other day I put about 2 table spoons in with a drained can of tuna, and had it on some toast. It was ok, needed relish or something else added to it, which I will do next time. But it was a healthy lunch nonetheless. :)

Hummus deviled eggs sounds delicious!!!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Smoky Three Pepper Hummus
    Source: http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/
    Makes 2 cups

Ingredients

1/2 grilled bell pepper
    1/2 grilled poblano pepper
    (click here to see how to grill peppers)
    1 Tbsp. pickled jalapeno slices
    1 can garbanzo beans (drained, reserving liquid)
    3 Tbsp tahini
    Juice of 1 lime (3 Tbsp)
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    3/4 tsp salt, to taste
    Minced cilantro (to garnish)

Directions

Add bell pepper, poblano pepper, jalapeno, garbanzo beans, tahini, lime juice, garlic and salt to the food processor. Blend until smooth drizzling in about 1/3 cup of the liquid from the can. Add more or less liquid depending on how thick you like it.

To serve: I spread 2 or 3 spoonfuls on a plate. Make a moat in the hummus with the back of a spoon. Drizzle moat with olive oil. Sprinkle with minced cilantro. In the very center place a slice of pickled jalapeno. Serve with pita, tortilla chips or veggies for dipping.