Day 1 - 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Indygirl6
    Options
    How much is it and where can I get it? Love the idea of doing it right along with other people!!
  • m_nicole29
    Options
    I'm nearly finished my first round!! WOOT WOOT!! It's sooo good!

6-1-2012Comparisonsofshred.jpg

I haven't done it in only 30 days - I've had to skip A LOT but I have been doing 10 days at each level - I should be finished next friday =D Cannot wait to see the final results.

WOW!! What a transformation!! Great job, you look awesome!! :) Do you mind if I ask if you are doing any other exercise with the Shred?

ps- I LOVE that leopard bra!! lol
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I did Day 8 Level 1 today. I was in agony for first couple of days, but now it feels OK (not GOOD, but OK at least!) I don't manage it every day, but at least 4 times a week. It really is a good balanced workout. I'm sure it would be better if I got it done every day, but I'm trying to be realistic about my exercise level! I hope to do 10 days at each level at this pace, and then maybe I will attack the whole thing again in the strict 30 days.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday and did level 1 Mon-Thurs and kicked it up to Level 2 yesterday and I sweat TONS more on L2 than i did on L1. Stick with it. Day 3 for me was the hardest but even with a sore knee and unable to do the jumping jacks I still did it and just replaced high knee kicks for the jj's. Just be sure to follow the beginner girl for the modified versions if the others are too hard. No injuries! You can do it! I did not think i was gonna make it to day 5 but here I am on day 6 and already up a level! :)
  • fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm on day four. Just finished it a couple of hours ago. It SUCKS, but I love it. If you know what I mean? I've been keeping a log of how I feel and differences I've noticed in my blog on MFP.

I've had absolutely no motivation to do it for two of my four days so far, and I don't really expect that to change. I will say this though, when it comes time for the female cycle, as much as you don't want to do it, do it anyway. Crunches are cramp killers!

I've noticed some changes in me, but since its only been 4 days, I swear its all in my head, but I'm running with the confidence anyway! The first day kills you, but work through it on day two and by the end of the workout it doesn't hurt so bad. At least for me it didn't.

I picked up my copy at Best Buy along with 2lb weights. (I know it says 3, but there weren't 3s there.)

Okay, saving the rest for my blog entry! Best of luck and feel free to add me if you want to know what to expect based on how I do. I will say thought that seven years ago I was in the military, and my mom and husband (active duty army) both say that my body will have an easier time bouncing back from having two kids and sitting on my butt for seven years.
  • VRuff
    VRuff Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Today is my Day 9 on Lvl 1 but Im also doing her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video along with the 30DS. It is a serious workout! I cant tell if there are changes in my body yet. I wasnt able to do pushups on day 1 and im still not able to do them, but i have noticed that i can go lower now then when i started. i feel a little more out of breathe by the time i hit the 3rd circuit, but i do finish off strong. It could be because im doing 2 different videos at the same time, but Im hoping it helps my endurance and strength a lot. My body isn't anywhere near as sore as it used to be, but I decided that im going to do one extra day of Lvl 1 just to makeup for any corners I cut. So far, Ive done it for the 9 days consecutively without any breaks, so Im pretty happy with myself. Scale at home is giving me too many different numbers in one weigh in so I cant tell if Ive lost weight *if any*. But I hate that when i input my workout MFP adds about 500 calories to my diary cuz it makes me feel SUPER guilty when i eat them back. Im thinking im going to stop inputting them so i can go back to eating the 1200 i was eating before.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    How much is it and where can I get it? Love the idea of doing it right along with other people!!

I just bought it this morning off Amazon.com for about $6.50. (I found Level 1 on Youtube, did it that way today, and will do it that way until my DVD arrives on Tuesday).
  • lemonlaiime
    lemonlaiime Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Whoo! I just finished my Day 1. Adding in that I did my W3D3 of C25K this morning, and I'm kinda dying already. But that was fantastic. Let's be awesome :D
  • squiggle82
    Options
    Just did day 5 of level 1 and really looking forward to seeing some results.

Today was my weigh in and unfortunately I saw a gain of 1 lb... but hopefully next week I'll lose some inches :-)
  • ValHallaGirl
    ValHallaGirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm on level one day 5! I feel good after the workout i can't wait to see the changes i took before pictures too.
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D1... Can I just say Jillian Michaels is a B*TC#, but God love her for it! LoL

I love that this is a short but effective workout. I might even be able to manage this one before work! I have to be at work at 6:30 and I am NOT a morning person so going to the gym at 4:30 is just not happening for me...

It would be cool if we had a spreadsheet of updates as we progress through this thing.... Anyone know how to make that happen?
  • rebeckapitman
    Options
    I think the fact its so quick is the best bit! Ive got a pretty busy schedule but im quite sure i can get up 20 mins earlier in the morning! About to start day 2 - aching all over!

For anyone who has started or is starting add me for support!
  • I'm nearly finished my first round!! WOOT WOOT!! It's sooo good!

6-1-2012Comparisonsofshred.jpg

I haven't done it in only 30 days - I've had to skip A LOT but I have been doing 10 days at each level - I should be finished next friday =D Cannot wait to see the final results.

WOW!! What a transformation!! Great job, you look awesome!! :) Do you mind if I ask if you are doing any other exercise with the Shred?

ps- I LOVE that leopard bra!! lol

Thank you so very much!!! =D At the moment all I'm doing is the Shred and walking and work haha and watching my food. I'm not even using very heavy weights (0.5kg) but anything is better than nothing!!!

haha I love it too =D I think it is a target crop top?
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level one here and loving it. There is a group starting it Monday you could join! ( I'm in the group but will normally have to skip a day and wanted to end about the same time)
  • FALLmomNC
    FALLmomNC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 1 just completed about 15 minutes ago! I thought I was doing well since I just finished C2K Week 3 Run 3 yesterday and often drag that out into walks up to 7 miles but Jillian's workout just kicked my butt.
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 2 done a couple of hours ago...found it to be harder than yesterday since I was sore from Day 1. Waking up tomorrow is probably going to be hellish
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Did L1 D2 this morning. I had take a couple of days off between days 1 & 2. The first because I was too sore to contemplate working out (Side note - do not do the 30 day shred and then go to bed!) and the second because I can't seem to force myself to work out after a 13 hour day at my very physically demanding job...

Feeling much better today than day 1 although I will say two things. 1. My upper body is super weak and I can not do push ups to save my life. 2. I need to learn to do bicycle crunches without straining my neck.
  • ladyIcan
    ladyIcan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I re-started on 1/21/14, so today is my L1D2. Feel free to add me!
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Same here, although for me today is day 3 :)
    How are you finding it so far? I managed to finish, and the second day seemed easier than the first. Been a bit sore, but then doing the next workout seems to ease it lol.
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Moving to Level 2 tonight......... eeeeek am scared lol

Hope it's all going well for everyone

x