What Thanksgiving Food is Your Biggest Weakness?

Options

Replies

• fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Dressing, rolls, potatoes, and desserts.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    All the yummy carbs! Sweet potato casserole, rolls with butter, dressing and pecan pie. I'm gonna have to workout for 2 hours once I get the turkey in the oven!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Mashed potatoes and gravy. Not really anything special to them, I just never make them. My husband is allergic, so I eat my share at family dinners.

OMG! I thought I was the only human on earth allergic to potatoes! I feel your hubby's pain.

Stuffing with gravy and rolls. I love my carbs (and since I can't have potatoes, those have to do).
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes and gravy. Not really anything special to them, I just never make them. My husband is allergic, so I eat my share at family dinners.

OMG! I thought I was the only human on earth allergic to potatoes! I feel your hubby's pain.

Stuffing with gravy and rolls. I love my carbs (and since I can't have potatoes, those have to do).

I've come across one or two through the years. Is it the starch for you too? He can't have anything with potato starch in it, which is a lot of the soups. They use that to make them creamy I guess. Recently we found that shredded cheese includes potato starch, but its apparently very minimal as he can eat it. I'm sure if he ate enough shredded cheese it might bother him, but that would have to be a lot.
  • shannonichole
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie is my weakeness! :love:

But I work this holiday so I will have some help with my self-control!
  • epa422
    Options
    I've come across one or two through the years. Is it the starch for you too? He can't have anything with potato starch in it, which is a lot of the soups. They use that to make them creamy I guess. Recently we found that shredded cheese includes potato starch, but its apparently very minimal as he can eat it. I'm sure if he ate enough shredded cheese it might bother him, but that would have to be a lot.

I definitely have problems with soups that have potato starch in them, so it must be that. Though if I peel potatoes, my hands break out into a rash so I'm not sure if that's related to the starch or what. Shredded cheese doesn't bother me either, so it must not have much in it. Sneaky food producers.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

I definitely have problems with soups that have potato starch in them, so it must be that. Though if I peel potatoes, my hands break out into a rash so I'm not sure if that's related to the starch or what. Shredded cheese doesn't bother me either, so it must not have much in it. Sneaky food producers.

He can't peel potatoes either. I think he's only tried once though. He's usually quick to catch it if someplace sneaks potatoes into something not normal, but it can be dangerous. We went to a mexican place once and he got tortilla soup, halfway through he started getting itchy and his throat scratchy so he asked if the soup had potatoes. We had to box up our food and head to ER. Fortunately that doesn't happen very often.
  • epa422
    Options
    He can't peel potatoes either. I think he's only tried once though. He's usually quick to catch it if someplace sneaks potatoes into something not normal, but it can be dangerous. We went to a mexican place once and he got tortilla soup, halfway through he started getting itchy and his throat scratchy so he asked if the soup had potatoes. We had to box up our food and head to ER. Fortunately that doesn't happen very often.

Yikes!
  • jenniferferrier13
    Options
    I would have to say the candied Yams... Thank goodness I am not diabetic because they have a whole bag of marshmellows and tons of Brown Sugar. They are my absolute favorite!!!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    mashed freakin' potatoes. i could eat them by the gallon.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I really don't have a weakness per-se. I eat the same things every year: Turkey, Ham, Cole Slaw, Cucumbers (soaked over night in a special mix :D) and Potatoes. Never really been one for desert other than Cheese Cake and we don't have that every year.
  • dnb3333
    dnb3333 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    stuffing!
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Real cranberry sauce (made from scratch with cranberries and sugar), Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, and Pecan Pie!!!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    fresh roll, with a piece of ham and blob of cranberry sauce on it x 3!
  • melodymartinez
    Options
    GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE!!! I die for it. It's my favorite food. Only eat it on Thanksgiving, too.
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Oyster dressing baby! and this is my first year home in 6 years. I am allowing myself a totaly free day on thursday. Not counting not recording not exercising. Just gonna pig out with the fam all day!
  • SaveTheDrama
    Options
    Coconut Cream Pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie and stuffing
  • mamacita99
    mamacita99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes - I'm not a huge fan of any of the other food.....cept turkey I like that :)
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    Mashed Potatos!!! I love them soooo much, all year long.

As a vegetarian, most things at thanksgiving aren't that bad since I cut out the turkey, stuffing, and gravy.

I have just started watching my calories, but for the last few years I have not gone too crazy. One plate and I will be done, plus a small sliver of dessert.

My downfall is that I am living out of town so we will be stopping by other houses during the day and I hope not to taste test something at every house :tongue: