Two cheat days in a row...really scared.

Options
So yesterday I allowed myself to have some treats, and today I was doing okay, until I binged tonight. I ate SO much peanut butter. I'm so worried. I put on some weight from yesterday, and now this today. I took two laxatives. Which I thought I wouldn't do, and the guilt somehow always gets to me. I guess I need to restrict pretty low. It's the only thing that keeps me in control. Just please tell me these 2 days will go away eventually? :/

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just get back into your normal routine and you will be fine. From seeing your other post too you seem to have a pretty unhealthy view on food, you should really look into talking to a nutritionist or a professional to get some guidance.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    You need the guidance of a competent therapist, you clearly have an unhealthy relationship with food.

Rigger
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. Two days isn't going to hurt you unless you let it. Make the peanut butter fit in your macros next time. Please don't result to laxatives. That can't be healthy for your body just to clean yourself out.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You need the guidance of a competent therapist, you clearly have an unhealthy relationship with food.

Rigger
    This.

Please seek a professional. Laxatives just no.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    No! You need professional help! Seriously, please get some help.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Based on your posting history, I suggest you seek professional help.

1. Eating calories far too low
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1182899-scared-i-m-gonna-gain

2. Loss of period
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1182392-my-period-is-gone

3. And now laxatives.

You are already heading down a very scary path, Seek help, please.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    What's done is done. You can not go back and change the past 2 days. What you can do is decide start anew, right now. The weight you put on from yesterday is probably just water gain. Eating too many carbs and/or salt will do that to me every time. A few days back on track and the water will disappear again. This is one reason why many suggest only weighing yourself once a week.

I find myself just as concerned as the others. You shouldn't resort to taking laxatives for weight loss. It's not a healthy option. Please talk with someone about these issues.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This site doesnt glorify misusing laxatives!!! If you are truly wanting to lose weight, this site is awesome and helps wonders. If you have an eating disorder which it sounds like you do, you need to get help for it!!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You're either a bored kid trolling, or you have an eating disorder and need help. I'm hoping you're a troll, because eating disorders suck and can kill you.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Sweet Jesus kiddo. Every thread you create makes me more worried for you.

We've had:
    eating 700 calories.
    ZOMG I ate peanut butter
    my period stopped
    Taking laxatives
    Guilt over eating

ALL by a kid who's teetering on the edge of very underweight and who wears a size zero.

You really need to get control of this before IT controls you. Talk to someone. You're really showing a lot of signs of a kid with an ED.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You've started a lot of topics that seem pretty seriously obsessed with calories and weight gain. At 19, 5'1", and 103 pounds, you talk about netting 700-900 calories sometimes, and wanting to maintain now but scared you'll gain, etc.

I think you're 'bingeing' because you're eating too few calories. Others have pointed it out on other threads. Subsisting on less than 1200 calories is ridiculous. And that's net. And you should probably be at a much higher net. You may go up a pound or two at first as your body adapts, but honestly, pay attention to the cues your body is screaming at you right now. Listen to the good MFPers here with the links about a healthy calorie count for maintenance.

You're not addicted to peanut butter, not literally. You can control what you eat. But if you're obsessing over 1000 calories and panicking over gaining a pound or two, then something is wrong, and the best we can do is suggest you talk to a professional.

I'm 5'1" and at 17, I was 120 pounds. To get below 115 for me would have taken some serious intense workout and lower calories than I wanted to do. I thought I had to be 105 or less, but I was wrong. Some bodies naturally lean that way. Some naturally are going to be a bit more, and they will be perfectly healthy, fit, sexy, and awesome. Please don't get stuck on some number. If your body naturally sits at 105, great. If eating your recommended calories at maintenance causes you to be around the 110-115 range, let it! And work on body composition for good health - get strong. But start first with fixing what appears to be either an unhealthy relationship with food or an unhealthy propensity for trollism on interwebz. I'm guessing it's more the former than the latter, but either is possible.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I don't believe laxatives are going to help you do anything but get dehydrated, which is even worse for you and your weight loss than having a binge attack.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    You need help. Food is not the enemy. Please get help before you seriously hurt yourself.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    You've started a lot of topics that seem pretty seriously obsessed with calories and weight gain. At 19, 5'1", and 103 pounds, you talk about netting 700-900 calories sometimes, and wanting to maintain now but scared you'll gain, etc.

I think you're 'bingeing' because you're eating too few calories. Others have pointed it out on other threads. Subsisting on less than 1200 calories is ridiculous. And that's net. And you should probably be at a much higher net. You may go up a pound or two at first as your body adapts, but honestly, pay attention to the cues your body is screaming at you right now. Listen to the good MFPers here with the links about a healthy calorie count for maintenance.

You're not addicted to peanut butter, not literally. You can control what you eat. But if you're obsessing over 1000 calories and panicking over gaining a pound or two, then something is wrong, and the best we can do is suggest you talk to a professional.

I'm 5'1" and at 17, I was 120 pounds. To get below 115 for me would have taken some serious intense workout and lower calories than I wanted to do. I thought I had to be 105 or less, but I was wrong. Some bodies naturally lean that way. Some naturally are going to be a bit more, and they will be perfectly healthy, fit, sexy, and awesome. Please don't get stuck on some number. If your body naturally sits at 105, great. If eating your recommended calories at maintenance causes you to be around the 110-115 range, let it! And work on body composition for good health - get strong. But start first with fixing what appears to be either an unhealthy relationship with food or an unhealthy propensity for trollism on interwebz. I'm guessing it's more the former than the latter, but either is possible.

^this. And please stop making posts that involve dangerous and disordered eating patterns.
  • mrsjethro2
    Options
    Food is a beautiful thing ... you just need to learn the right things to eat... you are on the path of having a sever eating disorder... I know I have been there...if you need help ask!! that 's what we are all here for... and the laxative's?? that will mess with your system and after a while your body won't function right... if you really have to be drastic exercise...
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

Rigger

This.

Taking laxatives because you ate some snacks is not healthy at all. Binging because you're severely restricting is not healthy at all.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options

Rigger
    This.

Please seek a professional. Laxatives just no.

:cry: ^This.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You're not "on the path" to an eating disorder, you already have one. Unfortunately nobody here can help you. You'll need to seek professional help, and hopefully soon. :( This could kill you.
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Step AWAY from the laxatives. Believe me when I say fast tricks that you think will rectify the splurge will harm you in many more ways. It is much more fulfilling and healthy to recognize that you ate more than you should, take a few deep breaths and RELAX. Don't weigh yourself for a few days. Instead, let your body naturally correct itself through healthy eating and exercise. Going overboard means overexercising and under-eating. Just don't do it.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, I think she might be attention seeking going by the number of posts tonight and not really replying to anyones suggestions! Wish you would, OP, read and take the advice of these good people.