Refusing to eat

Options
I understand portion control and cutting back. Is their any foods you refuse to intake anymore. For me its
Idolize salt
Regular soda
Twinkies
is there a unique way you go about not consuming?

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    No
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I like.. but am more willing to try new things.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    The title could REALLY trigger someone...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Nope the only foods that I don't eat are the ones I just don't like..... Best of Luck
  • CharlieB145
    Options
    Okay thanks and no not trying to trigger anyone, I don't even know how to edit to change the title.
  • vanillabananas
    vanillabananas Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Find healthier tasteful alternatives. It will be hard at first but eventually it'll become second nature. I haven't had a soda in over two years. It really helped me increase my water intake and lose weight. I added (and still do) water flavors to make it flavorful.
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have foods I will not eat that I used to, but it is easy for me because when you have not had something super sweet, for example, in a while, and you try it again, it tastes like cr@p. That bakery doughnut tastes like grainy sugar and nothing else, NOT enjoyable at all, so why bother. I have found that after being off of the crap I would eat "just because" when I decided to have one as a treat, I no longer enjoyed it!

The things that are over the top calorie wise that I do still like (like a good Cannolli) I can enjoy more because it is such a rare treat for me to have now :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Not anymore. My tastes have changed.
  • snowbear1005
    snowbear1005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    \
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    The title could REALLY trigger someone...
    ^yes, that's exactly what I was thinking, too.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Not anymore. My tastes have changed.

Same here. My tastes changed. I look at food now as what can it do for me? There's always a big picture in mind that has made me feel good about trading such things as white bread for rye (gluten-free), or a snack bag of Doritos for a clementine. I keep a bag of flaxseed nearby to snack on rather than a bag of walnuts, not that walnuts are bad for you. They aren't. But I would eat a 1 lb. bag at once. Turns out, I really like the crunch and nuttiness of flaxseed. I just had to find a satisfying substitute.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I refuse to eat foods I don't like...like brussell sprouts and raw cauliflower. Steamed cauliflower is okay, but that's it. No cauliflower pizza, ice cream, or mashed potatoes. Yuck. And I don't like those banana omelet a.k.a alternative banana pancackes. Yuck yuck.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I will NOT eat liver and onions.

I simply refuse. My mom used to make it when I was a kid and I had to sit there until I ate it. I just can't do it.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    There are foods that Iuse to eat that are so full of calories that are not worth it knowing. I literally would not enjoy eating them because i know.
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    I don't refuse to eat any foods (unless it's totally gross) However I haven't touched oreos since I had a bad binge experience with them... xD trauma
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I refuse to eat foods I don't like...like brussell sprouts and raw cauliflower. Steamed cauliflower is okay, but that's it. No cauliflower pizza, ice cream, or mashed potatoes. Yuck. And I don't like those banana omelet a.k.a alternative banana pancackes. Yuck yuck.
    Really? I adore mashed cauliflower.
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yes, I refuse (for two weeks now) to eat chips and dip. I got in a weight loss comp and tried to figure out how many calories I was consuming and from where. I found that I don't just eat a few I have to eat a half a bag WITH DIP. I was consuming about 1500-2000 calories a day just in that. If it wasn't for my active job I would be much bigger.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I refuse to eat foods that aren't tasty. Why waste my calories on gross foods??
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I refuse to eat mayonnaise, but it's because I've always refused to eat it. I eat some foods less frequently than I used to, like salt and vinegar chips and cinnamon dolce frappachinos because they aren't usually worth trying to fit into my macros, even though I do love them.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I refuse to eat mayonnaise, but it's because I've always refused to eat it. I eat some foods less frequently than I used to, like salt and vinegar chips and cinnamon dolce frappachinos because they aren't usually worth trying to fit into my macros, even though I do love them.
    Nicely put. Something the OP can make use of.