Almost 50, Time to Get Serious

Options
Hi to all, and thank you for being here in this great community. I've lurked for a while, and now it's time to get down to business.

I'm a woman who turns 50 years old this year, and I've been shifting toward a healthy lifestyle for the past year or two, but now it's time to get serious because I'll be 50 before the end of 2014. I'm lucky to have no major health problems, but I need to lose 25 to 30 pounds. My work schedule interferes with exercise and I get lax with my eating at times, so I think this is the perfect community for accountability. That's why I finally decided to sign up.

It looks like a pretty friendly group for the most part although I see the discussions can get heated. That's good because it keeps things lively! I look forward to getting to know others here in my own age group, as well as others of all ages who share the same goal: get healthy and stay healthy through lifestyle changes that include eating right and exercising regularly. I laugh when the latest diet fad or scam ad pops up on Facebook ads because I know there's no magic shortcut. Eat less junk and move your butt more and it will all come together.

Replies

• trac12345
    Options
    I too am going to turn 50 this year and need to loose 50 lbs and get in shape!
    Today was day one and I have to admit I need to
    Come up with healthy little snacks I can eat
    during day to help with hunger . Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like---I'm coming up on 58 next month - been here for 600 days - Change of lifestyle and mindful choices - This is the place!
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    Trac12345 I'm personally trying to move away from high carb snacks on my doctor's advice. I buy the little bags of Planters mixed nuts so the portion is controlled. I also like string cheese, fruit, veggies, a small serving of cottage cheese, or yogurt. I find it helps to have a variety of healthy snack items around.

Penguinlally I will add you. Very impressed at 600 days!