Refusing to eat

Options
2»

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Fried foods - I bake everything I used to fry, such as chicken, french fries, pork chops, etc.
    regular ranch dressing - I switched to fat free ranch dressing
    extra butter popcorn & my moms popcorn (she saves bacon fat, and uses it to pop the corn on stove top)
    regular pancake syrup - I use the sugar free kind now.
    sweet tea (i used to make it with 1 cup sugar per quart) - I carry stevia in my purse now.
    all soda pop, unless I'm sick then I sip some diet ginger ale.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I refuse to eat foods that aren't tasty. Why waste my calories on gross foods??

Agreed. I also won't eat foods that can cause my medical condition to flare up. No food is worth the agony.

But my thought in general is this... I like these foods. Depriving myself of them for NO reason is silly. If I want a donut, then I have one. If I want pizza, then I have it. But now I watch my portions of it and make sure it fits into my day.

I DO refuse to do things like switch from real sugar, maple syrup, butter, and the like to the fake stuff. The "real" stuff just has more flavor for less. I also find that I am more satisfied with the taste of the "real" stuff and am less likely to search for more.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to massive amounts of sodium and transfats. Other than that, meh.
  • ThinEdielynne
    Options
    Yes I recently was diagnosed with a gluten allergy, so no bread, beer, pasta, etc. then I've also cut out milk, cheese, yogurt, all dairy. I've also been trying to cut out rice, though I do love my rice cakes..
  • Note about iodized salt: You NEED iodine in your diet. Make sure you're getting it from another source, or you could run into thyroid problems.
  • CharlieB145
    Options
    Thanks I will look into that
  • cedarblack
    cedarblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Note about iodized salt: You NEED iodine in your diet. Make sure you're getting it from another source, or you could run into thyroid problems.

Off topic but I love the picture on your ticker! I am humming along to it at my desk at work now :P
  • feistymoon
    Options
    I've not drank regular soda in years, I just don't get why I'd want to throw those empty calories into myself.

I always try to have salad instead of fries when possible (steal two or three of the other half's fries and you don't even notice you've not had a portion!)

Also, I don't really drink Baileys or Alco Pops any more. Wasn't a big drinker of either to start with, but can't justify the sugar / calorie content anymore.

Creamy pasta - again, if I go to a restaurant and the other half orders it I'll have a taste but i'd NEVER order and eat a full one.

There's plenty of naughtiness I do eat and enjoy though, it's all about finding a balance that suits you. The easier substitutes are the ones most likely to last in the first instance.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I hate having sugar lol, never been a huge fan of it, but ever since my lifestyle I've been living, I've stayed away most sugary treats!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I refuse to eat cauliflower crust pizza that's just wrong in every way possible, don't ruin my pizza. Other than that only thing I refuse to eat are things I don't like or I'm allergic too.

But OP if you aren't eating twinkies you can send them to me I'll work them in my day!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Why would you specifically cut iodized salt? They put iodine in there because people do not get enough and we need it...
  • MaritzK
    MaritzK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Anything that makes me feel physically bad.. I get headache from crisps and stomach pain from wheat, so I try to avoid that as much as I can
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You refuse to eat Twinkies?

125785006e16c35d26.jpg
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I refuse NO food! I get them in my calorie goal.
    Well I like everything anyway, food, mmm the food. :smile:
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I refuse to drink calories these days...unless it's very low calories. Things like regular soda and juices - I do avoid, yes.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Note about iodized salt: You NEED iodine in your diet. Make sure you're getting it from another source, or you could run into thyroid problems.

QFT
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    If I dont want to eat it, I dont eat it. especially easy with things like twinkies and soda... just dont buy it and say no thanks when offered.

A bit more trickier when you need to sort out more basic things, like hubby has to sort out a whole range of fruits, veggies and spices due to food sensitivity/allergy.. reading ingredient lists is annoying.. but when the stuff you buy doesnt have ingredient list it gets even more annoying! Not to mention the issues with going out to dinner. What helps then is just be picky, ask questions and if in doubt skip it.

As long as you are an adult and are reasonable about what you refuse to eat it is not too difficult.
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    There is a huge list of things I can't eat, medically. Gluten, oats, nuts and seeds I make sure to never ingest. Meat (all meat, any form) dairy, corn, and eggs I try not to eat but slip up every once in awhile and have a few bites. And then I pay for it for days.

So the foods I CAN eat, I'm eating. I'm not cutting yet another thing out of my diet for no good reason.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    You refuse to eat Twinkies?

I can't have Twinkies because at least one of the ingredients can cause a flare for me.

I liked Twinkies.

I am sad.