Working Midnight Shift

Options
Hello MFP. I have a question. Im currently working 12midnight til 8am. How do I incorporate my 4 meals in this schedule without going over my calorie intake? I know what to eat, I just dont want to overeat. Does my calorie intake during the shift count for the day before or the same day that is beginning? #justaquestion #wantsomeinput

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I've worked 3rds for 10 years. I log my food midnight to midnight. Sometimes I go to bed and wake up at 4pm, sometimes I stay up and go to bed at 6pm.

It doesn't matter, 12a - 11:59p is what I log, it's not dependent on my sleep.
  • snaxandpop
    snaxandpop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey lady,
    I am 11 to 7. I count the calories for the day I am on. When I go to sleep, I make sure I have enough left for breakfast before my shift starts. I have tried it many ways though, and this is less confusing for me. Hope this helps! Good luck
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    When I was working nights my meals were not dissimilar from now, but the timing was planned against my working and sleeping schedule. What time you start or stop counting calories doesn't make any difference.
  • springwater2
    springwater2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work nights and run all my meal plans on a 24 hour basics, so I have my dinner at 2.30am so that is in todays plan not yesterdays plan
  • mrsonva74
    Options
    Okay. Thanks for the different choices. I started yesterday (Thursday morning) at 5am for my breakfast, then I ate my lunch meal at 930am and then I went to sleep around 10am. I woke up around 6pm then had my dinner around 7pm. I even had snacks. I stayed within my calorie intake, so I may try this for a week and see how I progress. Again Thanks and I will let you know how it works out.