Getting out of my comfort zone (pics)

Options
faely
faely Posts: 144 Member
I have lost 60 lbs. It's taken me over 2 years because I still fight with myself. I have not felt like my appearance has changed much, so I put together some before/current photos to show myself that 60lbs is a BIG DEAL, even at my size.

I am not one for putting my business out there for everyone to see, but I feel it's time to step out of my comfort zone and share, because acknowledgement of our successes keeps us going, and its about time I acknowledged my successes.

There are many wins when losing a significant amount of weight, and I have had many, but there are two that have significantly changed me:
Dropping my A1c from 14.0 at diagnosis in 2010 to 6.3 at last check in November
And my MOST favorite - my son is finally able to put his arms all the way around me. What a great feeling!

I am nowhere near healthy yet, but I am significantly closer than I was 2 years ago.

Anyway, before I chicken out, here's the pics.

2years8months60lbs_zps674ced0e.jpg
July2012toDecember201321lbs_zps1d1e3585.jpg

Replies

• DriRose
    DriRose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see a difference! Congratulations :happy:
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That's super, just think where you'll be in two years time!!
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    yay, i think the part about your son is definitely a victory!! keep up the good work!!
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress and thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone. I hope the nervousness and adrenaline you felt from taking this step encourages you to take on other challenges. Stepping out of our comfort zones is truly living.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I see the difference. I'm glad you did not chicken out. Congrats to your success and keep up the great work.
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's one of my favourite quotes: "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"

Congratulations on your progress to date :)
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look amazing :flowerforyou:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Great job getting out of your comfort zone! Continue to push yourself outside of the comfort zone and you will be amazed at what you can achieve!

Keep it going your health will continue to improve and give your son an extra hug!! Congrats!!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Well you've lost 60 lbs, that's a lot of weight! You might still have some weight to lose but at least you've definitely changed your life. You can do it! Great job :)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

:flowerforyou:
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great job! 60 pounds is a pretty big accomplishment :)

One thing I found helpful (along with taking pictures as I go) is to think about what 5, 10, 25, 50 pounds of butter looks like, and imagine trying to shove it into my clothes, for a visual of how much my size has changed.

Good luck to you on your journey!
  • 7joy
    7joy Posts: 4
    Options
    Congratulations on 60 lb loss, that's definitely an achievement worth celebrating!

I do that with the butter too! I think it really does help when I get discouraged over "ONLY a pound lost." But if I think about sticking a pound of butter in my jeans, it makes me realize the difference.
  • suejersey
    suejersey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are a fighter, you are a winner, you can do this! Good for you to working towards and not giving up on your goals. Live life and work towards your goals at the same time! It may take a while but every day that you don't give up brings you one step closer. And you can DEFINITELY see the difference in your pictures and I am sure you can FEEL the difference!

Can't wait to see next years pictures and progress! xxoo
  • phyl303
    phyl303 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sixty pounds is a great accomplishment!

We didn't gain in a day or a week; we can't lose it that fast.

You continue to make progress and that's awesome.

Visual comparisons help me. Here are some weight comparisons for sixty pounds:

*an average nine year old child

*an average basset hound

* a stack of NINETY People magazines

*240 sticks of butter

*SIX ten pound bags of sugar

Shaving off 240 sticks of butter and keeping them off is HUGE. Keep up the good work!!!
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Congratulations :) My kids notice - and that's what keeps me going!!!! My inspirations are in my profile pic. Slow and steady wins the race - just imagine where you would be two years from today. Health, energy and being a better role model for your son - all WINS. Keep going .....
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The Success Stories section is my daily dose of motivation, so I thank you and everyone else who posts pics here. 60 pounds is amazing and it really shows in your face!

Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Dropping my A1c from 14.0 at diagnosis in 2010 to 6.3 at last check in November
    And my MOST favorite - my son is finally able to put his arms all the way around me. What a great feeling!

Great successes! You definitely need to celebrate and acknowledge how far you've come. Congratulations!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    60 pounds is a BIG HUGE AWESOME deal! You are looking fantastic!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! You look so great!! And your son is adorable :)

Share more about how you did it and how you bounce back when things get rough!
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You can do this. Keep pressing forward. Congrats on your success thus far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!