Getting out of my comfort zone (pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful! You should be very proud of yourself.

Years ago a friend of mine told me if I wanted to succeed at my goals I had better step out of my comfort zone. Her words still resonate with me. Kudos for "stepping out" :)
  • WeaponOfMassInstruction
    Options
    COngratulions! You look great and HAPPY!!!! I have lost almost 170 lbs since April of last year and cannot extol the benefits of losing enough! No more medications (I was on blood pressure pills, Metformin, and Simvastatin), less stress on the joints, better sex life, more energy... the hits keep on coming. Don't give up as you can clearly see a difference!!!
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Your well on your way!! Great progress so far. It shines and radiates all over your face! In no time you will be snapping pics like a 16 yr old! HAHA!
  • SheaBdoll
    Options
    Great job pushing yourself! Inspirational!!
  • HeatherBrookmyer
    HeatherBrookmyer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You should feel so proud of yourself, 60lbs is a huge accomplishment, like others above me have said just think where you'll be in two more years. I wish you much success on your continued journey!!!
  • MissSarahAllison315
    MissSarahAllison315 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference (your face looks a lot thinner!)! As others have said...just imagine where you'll be in another two years! AMAZING!!!!
  • mboromom
    mboromom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation Honey!!! Keep up the great work!!!!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options

Dropping my A1c from 14.0 at diagnosis in 2010 to 6.3 at last check in November

WOW, that is an amazing change just by itself.

Congratulations! :)
  • ribbismom
    ribbismom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the visual comparisons thing... so helpful!:smile:
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    We are all glad you shared your success! You are on your way to a healthier YOU! That is amazing. I am sure a lot of us (myself included) still fight with ourselves. One step at a time. You are doing GREAT!
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, and good work. Also think of the lessons your son is learning watching you do this...big benefit...unintentional but truly a big side benefit.
  • kvan64
    kvan64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Thank you for sharing your story. You look healthier and happier. Keep the commitment to yourself going. You will reach your goal.
  • mchixenbaugh
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I see a huge difference. :)
  • faely
    faely Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone, your words of encouragement and support are a tremendous help!

@ phyl303 - thank you so much for the visual comparisons. It's funny to imagine myself carrying around a basset hound :laugh:

@ Greywalk - it was actually very intentional to be an example and lesson to my son. My grandfather had diabetes, my dad has diabetes, and I have it...that puts my son in a very high-risk category to get it. I do not want to continue that family legacy if I can help it, so when I was diagnosed with it I knew I had to change or I would be helping send my son to that terrible place. What mother could consciously do that? He is my whole world, and while I am doing this for my own health, I am also doing this for him.

A bit of my "story" - I lost the weight pretty much entirely by eating less. I lost 30 lbs in 3 months, then stalled for over a year and a half. I was lost as to why. I had NO IDEA how much (calories) I was actually eating. Plus I sit on my *kitten* all day at work and rarely move any other time because I'm just so worn out hauling all this weight around. I found the group Eat, Train, Progress. Sara and SideSteel (and loads of other people in that group) have a very logical approach to health and fitness that is based on study and actual science, not the fad of the day. I poured over all the information they have to share and discovered the food scale. Once i started weighing my food I realized how completely off I was at estimating and I had no clue what a real portion was supposed to look like. A portion to a fat person is NOT the same as a portion to a thin person.

I started integrating all the new information and started losing again...another 30 lbs. Through ETP I learned that all cardio isn't going to do anything for my strength, and I am sooooo weak! You would think I would be stronger considering how much weight I have to carry around, but I am not. I am still struggling with this part, but I know now that I need to do weight training. I cannot afford to go to the gym anymore, but while I was there for a few short weeks, the one good thing my trainer taught me was bodyweight exercises. In 6 weeks of doing them 2-3 times a week, I lost 8 inches (that I'd measured) - 6 from my tummy and 2 from my hips. I am still working on incorporating that more into my daily activity.

I never thought I would be an inspiration to anyone. Thank you everyone for applauding my successes and sharing in my journey. It really means a lot.

:flowerforyou:
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    60 pounds is a huge success! You are well on your way & you will get to where you need to be. Happy travels on your journey!!!
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you look great :)
  • improvnmycurves16
    improvnmycurves16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: keep it up sweety
  • nnelson33
    nnelson33 Posts: 101
    Options
    Wow! What an accomplishment and such a great feeling for you and your family. Keep up the hard work! You are doing fantastic :)
  • ratagato
    Options
    You look healthy and much younger!
  • Jinxy10236
    Options
    Great job!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!