Cost of Herbalife?

Options
I know Herbalife is a hotly debated topic here, but I think I may like to try to to help jump-start my weight-loss. Last year I lost 55 pounds or so from watching what I eat from September to April. Since September of this year I have gained over 30 of it back without changing anything!!!!! Yes, I have seen my doctor, all kinds of tests have been run and everything is "normal".

So, I am thinking of trying Herbalife, but before I contact my local distrubtor I just want to know the general cost for the shakes. Please feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it privately.

Thanks!

Replies

• IWillWinSkinny
    IWillWinSkinny Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did Herbalife and found that buying them on eBay was a lot cheaper than what my distributor was charging. They were genuine sealed products as well.

My distributor wanted £26 for a tub which gives you 20 shakes, but I got them on eBay for £18 with free P&P. It was a while ago though so not sure how much has changed. Personally the only flavours I liked was Cookies n Cream & chocolate, which tasted really nice when blended with crushed ice.

It is pretty much the same principle as Slimfast though which is much cheaper & so much easier to get a hold of x
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.. there is no such thing as "Jump starting" your weight loss.. just start exercising, eating in a deficit, and tracking your food intake.. Read up on TDEE and BMR (Use the search feature).. Why buy something that won't help you at all.
  • thedaintyone
    thedaintyone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.. there is no such thing as "Jump starting" your weight loss.. just start exercising, eating in a deficit, and tracking your food intake.. Read up on TDEE and BMR (Use the search feature).. Why buy something that won't help you at all.

AGREED! I actually know few people who got sick off of herbal life.....basically any diet where you replace meals with a drink is bogus....just eat healthy and workout....if you feel like that is not working then you need to look at your diet and see where you can take stuff out or add stuff in to help you get a caloric deficit. Save your money. Go to the grocery store and buy all whole foods nothing packaged! find some good recipes and make a recipe book. make meals ahead of time to save you time....and work out 3-4 times a week and stick to it! sticking to it is the hardest and most important part. good luck!
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Please don't support companies that prey financially on participants via multi-level marketing schemes. Even if somehow Herbalife magically did work, it is not a very ethical use of your money.
  • IWillWinSkinny
    Options
    There is no right or wrong way to diet... Different methods work for different people. I'm sure she's not an idiot and has done her research on it, so try being supportive instead of acting like it's your way or the high way!

She was clearly asking about cost of the product, I don't see her asking for your opinion on her decision.

@original poster, I'm sorry love, unfortunately everywhere you go you will find that some people are just waiting to knock you down before you've even begun. Herbalife has been deemed a safe an effective way for weight loss - regardless of some peoples ignorant opinions xx
  • blh76820
    blh76820 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I will share my story with you. I went to a local nutrition shop who was hosting a 2 month weight loss challenge. The nutrition shop owner was actually a Herba Life distributor. When I would go do my weigh ins, you could buy the shakes they had premade. I liked them so much I decided to buy the mix myself. It was actually cheaper to become a distributor (no required sales total, only yearly membership cost) and buy the product myself. After a month though, I was sick of it. Two shakes a day was very limiting. I was hungry all the time. The meal replacement bars do not make you full. I had better luck picking up a container of Optimum Nutrition Gold 100% Whey powder at gnc and subbed that for breakfast. Herbalife did not help me at all. I am sure for some it has, but I was starving all the time.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    There is no right or wrong way to diet... Different methods work for different people. I'm sure she's not an idiot and has done her research on it, so try being supportive instead of acting like it's your way or the high way!

She was clearly asking about cost of the product, I don't see her asking for your opinion on her decision.

@original poster, I'm sorry love, unfortunately everywhere you go you will find that some people are just waiting to knock you down before you've even begun. Herbalife has been deemed a safe an effective way for weight loss - regardless of some peoples ignorant opinions xx

I could not have said it better :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ThePinkAvenger
    Options
    Everytime I did anything drastic to Jumpstart my weightloss - I found that I gained it back at the same frenetic rate.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

if you've ever been on a car forum, you'll see the same style of question.

"hey guyz, how much does a Mustang GT500 cost?"

"hey man, you can get almost the same power from a regular V8 Mustang, without all the extra expenses. and if you want more power and all that flair, you can buy it and add it yourself at a fraction of the cost!"

so if you want to do Herbalife, knock yourself out. but for a lot less you could probably buy generic weightloss supplements and save yourself some cash.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I will share my story with you. I went to a local nutrition shop who was hosting a 2 month weight loss challenge. The nutrition shop owner was actually a Herba Life distributor. When I would go do my weigh ins, you could buy the shakes they had premade. I liked them so much I decided to buy the mix myself. It was actually cheaper to become a distributor (no required sales total, only yearly membership cost) and buy the product myself. After a month though, I was sick of it. Two shakes a day was very limiting. I was hungry all the time. The meal replacement bars do not make you full. I had better luck picking up a container of Optimum Nutrition Gold 100% Whey powder at gnc and subbed that for breakfast. Herbalife did not help me at all. I am sure for some it has, but I was starving all the time.

^ This is a good idea ^

Make your own shakes. Green smoothies with protein powder, spinach (for fiber) and fruit for flavor. You can change up the fruit to make different flavors.

Lots of threads on good protein powders.......
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I don't see anyone trying to knock her down, I see people offering advice on how to lose weight and reach her goal without wasting money on a product. OP said she had lost weight in the past without using the product, so it's not like she is incapable of losing weight without it. And any eating plan which you cannot sustain long term actually is the wrong way to diet. You may lose weight when doing it, but if you gain the weight back when you stop and return to eating real food instead of shakes and bars, it's really not a successful method. I don't know about you, but I'm looking to lose this weight and keep it off.

OP, if you open your diary and provide more information, people might be able to help you figure out why you're having trouble losing the weight.
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I tried herbalife. The shakes can be tasty. I know plenty of people who have been very successful using it. I found it cheaper to purchase from amazon than from a distributor.

With that being said. Each container of powder was only enough for 30 shakes. Keep this in mind because I purchased what I thought would be two meals a day for a whole month. It quickly turned into two meals a day for 15 days. But in all honestly in order to make the shakes taste decent you have to put so much extra stuff in them that by the end you are looking at 200 - 400 calories. I found it hard to keep up with because I needed to actually eat something not just drink my food. But that is just me.

This is my suggestion and I am sorry because I am aware you weren't here looking for a suggestion but I am going to give it anyway. I wish I would have spent that money on a nutribullet to make green smoothies and whatnot instead. I recently purchased one and I actually enjoy the shakes I make which are from whole fruits and veggies instead of a powder. The fiber makes you feel full for longer periods of time and you would save money by doing so. I hope this helps. Good luck!
  • IWillWinSkinny
    Options

I don't see anyone trying to knock her down, I see people offering advice on how to lose weight and reach her goal without wasting money on a product. OP said she had lost weight in the past without using the product, so it's not like she is incapable of losing weight without it. And any eating plan which you cannot sustain long term actually is the wrong way to diet. You may lose weight when doing it, but if you gain the weight back when you stop and return to eating real food instead of shakes and bars, it's really not a successful method. I don't know about you, but I'm looking to lose this weight and keep it off.

OP, if you open your diary and provide more information, people might be able to help you figure out why you're having trouble losing the weight.

Advice which she has not asked for. It's clear from her saying "I know Herbalife is a hot debated topic etc" that she can already preempt people knocking her down. It's sad state of affairs when you have the write things like that in your original post to begin with. The poor girl has probably heard it a million times before what other peoples opinion is on Herbalife. I really do feel for her as this was me when I did the same diet!

Everyone was so busy giving me advice from horror stories they had heard from people who did not follow the plan correctly, that they completely missed the original point of the post! If this lady wanted you to tell her to reconsider her chosen method then I'm sure she would have asked for it.

It saddens me that rather than answer her question, most people just knock her down. As it goes I found Herbalife very successful, I personally can't do it anymore due to pregnancy. some people may get sick of the shakes, other people don't. There are four types of palettes out there you know! Personally it was ideal for me as it took all the thought of food away from me. I didn't have any choices to make, they were made for me. As soon as choice came into it I would make bad ones. I'm an all or nothing type of person. I was able to make them more filling by blending them with crushed ice and sometimes adding berries. Also you need to double your water in take when you stop eating solids as most water comes from our food. People who didn't do this tend to feel sick and get headaches as a result of dehydration..... Another "horror story" I have heard. I have kept the weight off for 2 years by following the plan correctly when reintroducing food and not going back to my old eating habits. Like I said it's not for everyone, but I know a lot of people who came off plan and just went straight back to their old ways.... Even if it did start off with just a little treat here & there. They're quick to blame the diet rather than their own lack of self control.

I do agree that there are cheaper alternatives out there to Herbalife though, but I'd recommend checking the nutritional profile of them first, and also whether they are actually a meal replacement or a supplement. Ideally you want something with at the very least 33% RDA of all vitamins & minerals if you plan on having two shakes a day.... And then making your evening meal nutrient rich as well.

I hope you succeed love xx
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all that supported me in my question. I did not ask HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT HERBALIFE, I simply want to know what price I could expect to pay through a distributor.

I already have a container in my cart at Amazon and will purchase it today. I am willing to try it, even if its just for a "I'm hungry, but don't want a meal"
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options

AGREED! I actually know few people who got sick off of herbal life.....basically any diet where you replace meals with a drink is bogus....just eat healthy and workout....if you feel like that is not working then you need to look at your diet and see where you can take stuff out or add stuff in to help you get a caloric deficit. Save your money. Go to the grocery store and buy all whole foods nothing packaged! find some good recipes and make a recipe book. make meals ahead of time to save you time....and work out 3-4 times a week and stick to it! sticking to it is the hardest and most important part. good luck!

Herbal Life? or Herbalife? :grumble:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    OP, I looked at your diary, and you're not logging your food. I think your food intake might be the issue here. I know you are saying you aren't doing anything different, but if you are not keeping track of the data, how can you be sure? Try logging and keeping a calorie deficit (and please up that number from 1200, that is ridiculously low especially for a mom with three kids) before spending your money.
  • IWillWinSkinny
    Options
    OP, I looked at your diary, and you're not logging your food. I think your food intake might be the issue here. I know you are saying you aren't doing anything different, but if you are not keeping track of the data, how can you be sure? Try logging and keeping a calorie deficit (and please up that number from 1200, that is ridiculously low especially for a mom with three kids) before spending your money.

At £18 for 15 days worth of breakfasts & lunches I'm pretty sure she is saving money?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    iwillwinskinny... what is with you?? you've got your superman cape on?