I need help getting back on track.....

Options
Hey guys, I've been at this a long time, i recently deleted my MFP and started a new one, in hopes it would respark my interest with a fresh start. here's a little back story of my 25 months at this...

25 months ago, here's where I was at

285 pounds
Unhealthy
Depressed
Unhappy with my relationship
No Job/Money
No CONFIDENCE
XXL/XXXL Shirts + 40 jeans

My journey has been a long, tough one, with many ups and downs. It all started Dec 5th, 2011, when i stepped on the scale and saw that i was 285 pounds....this was my first time weighing myself since the spring time.....when i was around 250. I've always been a big guy, and kinda just stood with it cuz i was fine with it. I tried to lose weight a few times, and actually dropped to around 219, which was my lowest since 2001, then let myself go again. Anywho, from dec 5th-may 1st of 2011/2012, i dropped 47 pounds and was filled with confidence. From may 1st - june 1st, i dropped some more weight, and went down to around 233, and decided to take the summer off to enjoy myself and have fun bbqing and drinking. Went back up to around 240ish, when mid august rolled around, and my 3 1/2 year relationship with my daughters mom was coming to an end (we were only together for the kid for the last year and change), and that for whatever reason, motivated my *kitten* back into full gear. over the next 10 months, i would eat to lose about 1/2 pound a week, and was hitting the gym regularly, and there i was, 18 months later, still fighting tough to get to my goal. sure there have been slip ups on the way, many of them at that, but its nothing that would hold me back. I had a vision, i wanted to hit that "healthy" weight of 193, and at that point, was only 13 pounds away, and then i let myself go. over the next 6 1/2 months, i gained a lot of weight back, and peaked back up to 240 pounds....gaining 34 pounds. I lost all motivation due to a hectic schedule, bad back, injured wrist, and just plain old lack of motivation.

A few days ago, i was looking through old pictures, and came across the one picture I was most proud of. the one that is my profile default....the one that i took after all my hard work and dedication, the first time i took a picture and posted it on facebook of myself without a shirt on, because i was so damn proud of my accomplishments. to let that go to waste, NU UH, not gonna happen. i'm back on here, working out again, and have one goal in mind.....193.

So i ask, if any one here would like to friend me and help support me and keep my *kitten* on track, i'd appreciate it.

Replies

• BoSox2013WS
    Options
    and on this day, not a single request was sent. =(
  • karryann2008
    Options
    sent you a friend request:smile:
  • BoSox2013WS
    Options
    a little love is better then no love =) thanks hun
  • mboromom
    mboromom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    *Putting on my leather and whip* We both have 50+ pounds to lose, I'll keep your *kitten* on track, lets do this!!!!
  • tay0709
    tay0709 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ill add you as a friend too, I have quite a bit to loose and I know how much help on here can keep you going. :) good luck! X
  • just35lbstogo
    just35lbstogo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a request! I feel like I'm in a similar place and frame of mind as you are. Today I actually put "meeting makers" on my calendar at work to remind me of my weight goals. 8:00AM every Friday I get a reminder of the weight I should be at assuming that I'm losing 1 lb per week (totally reasonable). I did that all the way until I get to my goal weight which I should reach by September 5th.
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a request! I'm tired of having to restart over and over. Let's Make 2014 OUR best year :)
  • mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Request sent.
  • turtleskye
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone