Replies

• ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Keeps me awake longer.
  • Mizzhill
    Mizzhill Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I workout before bed. The cons is sometimes it is hard for me to fall asleep, the pro is after a good work out it drains me so I fall asleep easier. I'm not a "morning" person so at night works better for me.
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    Very individual thing. I actually do better with exercise at night in terms of not having it disturb my sleep and being energetic for the workout. Unfortunately I usually have to do it in the morning or time will get away from me and I don't get around to it. Go by your own body's preference as well as which time works best to make sure you get that workout in.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on what I do. Most of the time, I do some relaxing yoga before bed, so I can sleep. It's helped me. If I do cardio, it seems to make me more awake.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body. My "bestest" time is right after work, but that rarely happens! Right before bed is better than nothing. Of course, I say this because I can work out right before bed and fall right asleep. People tell me best time is first thing in the morning, but I find that I'm so stiff I don't perform as well as if I wait til later in the day.
  • ashantiallen96
    ashantiallen96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I always exercise around 8-9 at night, even though today i'm just about to exercise so pretty late. I'm not a morning person and i don't mind the burst of energy after exercise since i go to sleep pretty late anyway.