Ugh what to do in this situation?

Options
This weekend my my friend wants be to go with her and a few of her coworkers bowling. For them this will typically include bowling alley pizza, bar food, and beers. I truly have lost my taste for those kind of foods since I've started to be more particular about what I like to eat. I'm sorta worried about how her friends will perceive me if I don't eat anything (I know that sounds stupid).

How would you handle it?

Replies

• hashpling
    Options
    " I'm NOT worried about how her friends will perceive me" - fixed. It's that easy. Project confidence.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go, have one slice of pizza or whatever while you're there and don't sweat over it (or make a big deal that you're not eating "those kinds of foods").
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Tell them you've been stuffing yourself all day and are not hungry. (If you don't mind stretching the truth.)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    "I ate right before I came"

And stop worrying about other people monitoring your food. Nobody will even notice if you brush it off and don't make a thing about it.
  • JuliaLee67
    Options
    Eat before you go, have one slice of pizza or whatever while you're there and don't sweat over it (or make a big deal that you're not eating "those kinds of foods").

yeah, this.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Eat what you want, just make sure to log it the best you can.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone would notice.
  • AshlynG923
    AshlynG923 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm sure y'all are right. I need to work on not giving so much thought about what people think!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you don't want it simply eat before you go. When you get there tell them you ate. If they judge you it's really not your problem, it's theirs.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If they're paying that much attention to what others are eating or drinking, they have serious issues.

But if someone asks, just say you're not hungry -- big lunch or something.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Just say you ate before you go, or you're lactose intolerant and if you don't want the beer, then you have a gluten sensitivity too.

Or don't worry about it. You choose to not like that type food and drink, all sorts of people both slim and fat hate particular foods. The bowling alley and bar don't have the foods you like, end of statement. Nothing about weight loss, or eating healthier, or even denying yourself.

Go and enjoy the company, and the bowling if you choose to bowl a game or two.
  • accebersmith
    accebersmith Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This comes up a lot for me, since many of my son's classmates have their birthday parties at the bowling alley here. Normally, I make sure to eat a healthy meal *right* before I go, so I'm not hungry when we arrive. When the pizza, chips, sweets and sodas are offered, I just say, "Oh, I'm good, thanks!" It's never offended anyone that I'm aware of, and the party goes right along as usual. If you act like it's no big deal, it won't be a big deal, nine times out of ten.
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Try not to care what others think. They probably wont notice.
    And if they do make an issue out of it?? They seriously need to grow up.

You could always just be honest if anyone says anything and say.. none of that sounds good to me right now. Aren't we supposed to be honest and stuff anyway? Makes life easier.
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    IF they complain they are crazy! It's more pizza and beer for them! :drinker:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I say, "eat before I came" and then, maybe just have a beer with them so you can be a part of the social scene. But if you truly don't want the beer, for personal reasons, then just have a diet soda with them. Who cares what they think. Your choices are yours to make.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I say, "eat before I came" and then, maybe just have a beer with them so you can be a part of the social scene. But if you truly don't want the beer, for personal reasons, then just have a diet soda with them. Who cares what they think. Your choices are yours to make.
    I drink water all the time when I go out. I've never been a big drinker anyway, and the calories aren't worth it unless I'm REALLY in the mood. The only person who ever says anything is my best friend, and she's an alcoholic so I ignore her.
  • mdiaz0188
    mdiaz0188 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This comes up a lot for me, since many of my son's classmates have their birthday parties at the bowling alley here. Normally, I make sure to eat a healthy meal *right* before I go, so I'm not hungry when we arrive. When the pizza, chips, sweets and sodas are offered, I just say, "Oh, I'm good, thanks!" It's never offended anyone that I'm aware of, and the party goes right along as usual. If you act like it's no big deal, it won't be a big deal, nine times out of ten.

I agree with this...this is what I do as well...I eat before, when I get to the place, say "oh no thank you,...." and I try not to make a big deal about it. If they ask why for whatever reason, I'll say something like "had a big lunch" or "I was munching earlier and I think it ruined my appetite" or "...not right now, maybe in a bit, you guys go ahead..." . Because I am a little self-conscious about these kind of scenarios myself (not saying that anyone else is) sometimes I'll throw in a beer and babysit the whole night for the most part, just to have something in my hand and not make anyone feel uncomfortable. :)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    if you make a big deal out of it, it'll become a big deal.....and yes one slice won't make or break you \m/
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    "I ate right before I came"

Giggity.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Eat the whole pizza, drink the beer and say your on a diet.