Great alternative for Ice cream lovers!

Options

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their likes and dislikes--it's when they tend to influence others with a strong statement---you know what I mean don't you? Didn't you say pistachio ice cream was"gross"? You should say it's a personal preference, since some people love it.

Obviously when I say a food is "gross," then I'm stating my OPINION. I shouldn't have to state that.

DUH.gif
  • MsMacL
    MsMacL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow. A lot of you are harsh! The poster obviously wanted to share something good she discovered to be nice. If you'd rather eat ice cream then fine. Why must you blast someone for liking an alternative? Unless you have something nice or helpful, why post a response? Just carry on and let her be. Sheesh! Go ahead, bash me if you must to make yourself feel better. By the way, I love using a frozen banana blended in my food processor with peanut butter. That is my ice cream alternative. :-)

Hear! Hear! All she is doing is trying to find a lower calorie alternative. Maybe she can't stop, once she gets the taste of ice-cream so well done to her, I say.

:flowerforyou:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Behold: Maple-Bourbon Marshmallow S'mores.
    20120928-223558-cook-the-book-smores-with-maple-bourbon-marshmallows.jpg
    Now THAT'S a great alternative to ice cream.

Those look like the Wondermade marshmallows. Damn, that looks good. They're so soft and mmmmmmm. I really want to open the box right meow!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17200-1379544635-0.gif?w=500&h=280
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Wow. A lot of you are harsh! The poster obviously wanted to share something good she discovered to be nice. If you'd rather eat ice cream then fine. Why must you blast someone for liking an alternative? Unless you have something nice or helpful, why post a response? Just carry on and let her be. Sheesh! Go ahead, bash me if you must to make yourself feel better. By the way, I love using a frozen banana blended in my food processor with peanut butter. That is my ice cream alternative. :-)

Hear! Hear! All she is doing is trying to find a lower calorie alternative. Maybe she can't stop, once she gets the taste of ice-cream so well done to her, I say.

Maybe because she said eating ice cream is unhealthy.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Those look like the Wondermade marshmallows. Damn, that looks good. They're so soft and mmmmmmm. I really want to open the box right meow!

stash-1-50a5fc0a3a325.gif

:laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Maybe because she said eating ice cream is unhealthy.

^^ This

PLUS

People were pointing out ice cream varieties that are actually lower calorie than the Cool Whip treat.

It's called being helpful! :angry:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Yummy!

qV2jb.gif
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    ice-cream-cat.jpg
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy but we don't have graham crackers here in the UK :cry: i'm not sure what a similar item would be here.

Digestives are kind of like graham crackers, especially the wholemeal ones. They get my "American in the UK" stamp of approval. :drinker:
  • RivenV
    Options

stash-1-50a5fc0a3a325.gif

:laugh:
    tumblr_lphbrkRHf41ql8xx7o1_500.jpg

Licking chocolate icing off someone else--possibly less calories than ice chips sprinkled with flavored stevia. ... Definitely more fun.
  • gieshagirl
    gieshagirl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i love your idea....there is skinny cow snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches (limited edition and hard to find...and so worth the wait!) 150 calories and the cookie part is outrageous good and the filling feels rich! did i mention that they are huge! yum
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    My take:
    Ice cream is not "unhealthy". (Point "Make it fit your macros people")
    Cool Whip is not "healthy" (Point "Make it fit your macros people")

Ice cream IS unhealthy if it's a trigger food for you where opening the box means you EAT the box. (Point OP)

Yeah, I know in theory it means I need better self-control...but don't you think if I *had* that, I would be trying to lose in excess of 90 pounds? :tongue:

Substituting an alternative might be the best way for OP to approach cravings without going "off the wagon" on her diary. (Point OP)

I will probably try this sometime.

I also agree with the person who said sorbet (especially blood orange sorbet) is a good way to get something "ice cream-ish" for a lot fewer calories.

EDIT: Those offering lower-cal ice cream choices are attempting to be helpful.

and the Frasier .GIF is great

That should just about cover it...
  • EternalFiend
    EternalFiend Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Now, I could be wrong here, but I believe that the Graham cracker was actually the US's answer to the British digestive biscuit - something about digestives weren't allowed to be sold because they don't actually help digestion :)

So I guess digestives would be a good alternative... :P ha ha
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Now, I could be wrong here, but I believe that the Graham cracker was actually the US's answer to the British digestive biscuit - something about digestives weren't allowed to be sold because they don't actually help digestion :)

So I guess digestives would be a good alternative... :P ha ha
    Interesting. They must have changed that law because we have digestives here now.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    my Turkey Hill Lite Moose tracks is 110 for one serving- which is only 220 for 2 (about 120 grams).

delicious.

nice idea- but I'll take ice cream deliciousness.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    My new favorite: Ben & Jerry's Scotchy Scotch Scotch.

But, by all means, enjoy your Cool Whip.
  • RivenV
    Options

I had some of that the other day, as well. Pretty good stuff! I hate getting stuck on "limited" batches, but, alas, I gave my heart away to Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake. (And I don't even like cheesecake.)
  • Funkgroover
    Options
    My delicious and healthy 20 cal ice cream recipe:

take any ice cream
    crush up a meringue nest
    mix with peanut butter

half fill the crevasse of a stick celery and enjoy!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I had some of that the other day, as well. Pretty good stuff! I hate getting stuck on "limited" batches, but, alas, I gave my heart away to Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake. (And I don't even like cheesecake.)

The only place I've found that is at a Wal Mart 30 minutes from my house. I keep forgetting to pack a cooler so I can see if they have it again.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My delicious and healthy 20 cal ice cream recipe:

take any ice cream
    crush up a meringue nest
    mix with peanut butter

half fill the crevasse of a stick celery and enjoy!
    This makes me want to cry.