Ladies who are 5'9 and up how long did it take you to..

Options
BeyMe
BeyMe Posts: 43 Member
I started at 215, I'm 5'9 and now I'm at 203. I was wondering how log it took you to get out of the 200s. What was your diet like? What was you exercise routine? Any tips?

Replies

• missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I was 169 when I started, and I was down to 138 in 3 months for my wedding! Since I had a time crunch, I did a 1200 calorie diet, and approx 2hrs of cardio/strength training 4-5 days a week. Some things I learnt along the process - set periodical goals and don't beat yourself up if you miss a few, always ALWAYS log what you eat, even if you had 5000 calorie day, never feel guilty about overeating and make this a lifestyle change, rather than an ultimate goal!
  • iGotThis27
    iGotThis27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My trip to Onederland...

I am 33, 5'9", Starting weight in November 2012 was 225, size 16 jeans (tight)

Ate an average of 1400 cals per day, LOTS OF PROTEIN, very little carbs & sugars, lots of smoothies, eggs, and chicken. Went to the gym maybe 10x TOTAL LOL but I spent my breaks at work almost every day WALKING!

Lost about 10 lbs a month for 3 months and got down to 195. I've maintained this weight for over a year (even throiugh the holidays!) but my ultimate goal is still 150 (just haven't buckled down yet)

I am in size 13 jeans which I can slide on and off without un buttoning.... The first 30 fell off quick but I know the rest won't be as easy.... Keep picturing your goal body, log your food & remember every day is a fresh start!!!!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5' 9" and started at 277. I lost 100 pounds in 9 months. No surgery, no gimmicks, no fad diets. I started with walking, then went faster and farther. I then joined a gym and the rest is history. No secrets. Eat less, more move, lift heavy.
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on it. I started at 280lbs. I'm hoping to be to one-derland by the end of this year. :)
    Feel free (anyone) to add me as a friend if you're interested.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    It took me one year to lose 100pds. I exercise to tapes at home for 30 minutes 5 days a week.

330d176.jpg
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I had a crazy ride getting to onederland...

I'm 5'1l and started at 255/size 20/22. It took me about 6 months to get to 199. My weight came off really fast in the beginning. Then my weight stalled a little when I began lifting heavier weights, but I was still shrinking and losing inches and I was liking what I saw so I had to put the scale away for a little while!

I took my measurements and focused on getting fit not the number on the scale. I bounced between 194 - 188 for months, but I was not willing to lower my calories so I just rode the wave and I eventually reached my goal which is a size 8/10.

Going on a diet was not going to be sustainable for me so I taught myself proper portion control and ate my regular foods. After eating healthy for a while I no longer had the cravings I once had.

After writing down everything ate everyday, I learned so much about my eating habits. For example my trigger foods and I learned that eating small items throughout the day was not for me. Eating 2 larger meals and a snack on really active days works better and I stay satisfied. I make sure I get enough protein, healthy fats and fiber. Also I stopped drinking my calories such as pop, store-bought juices and alcohol (I do make fresh fruit and veggie smoothies/drinks often) and mainly drink water and all kinds of loose leaf hot and cold teas.

I workout entirely at home (and outside when it's warmer) and I do a variety of workouts such as workout dvd's, YouTube videos and bodyweight exercises. I slowly built up a home gym equipped with a variety of handweights and resistance bands, weight bench with barbell, stepper, a jump rope, a weighted hula hoop, exercise/medicine balls, yoga mat and bricks, a mini-stepper, a Pilates Reformer machine etc.

The main tip I can offer is be patient and stay consistent. You are so close to seeing that 199 (it was an AMAZING feeling to see a 1 on the scale!) so hang in there!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!