Not losing weight!!! why?

Options
I have been eating right for about a month now, no cheat day! Ive increased my exercising time, and calorie burn. I used to burn about 400 calories per workout and now I'm burning 800-1000 a day! 5days a week! What am I doing wrong!?! I'm not even losing inches!!!!!! I am so annoyed why is my body like this, I can't eat what I want, I chose nasty healthy meals and I go hard at the gym and for what!? Sighs... I give up.

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    no, your not eating at a deficit. that simple. your logging or calculating your food wrong. eat at a deficit, you will lose weight.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring your food???
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Your food diary isn't public so it is hard to give feedback on the food part.

And how are you figuring the calories burned? HRM? Machines at the gym? MFP calculations?
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating at a deficit or you might have a medical condition that may be preventing weight loss, such as a bad thyroid. I had that issue too years ago but once I had my thyroid checked and got on medication, I started losing. But if I were you, I'd double check all of my efforts and maybe give it a bit more time before I worried about a health issue causing it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You may be retaining water in your muscles from the increased intensity/duration of your exercise.

That said how are you calculating cals burned? And do you weigh all solid foods and measure all liquids?
  • stefanieraya
    stefanieraya Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Seek the advice of a nutritionist - NOT a general doctor. Doctor's are not given adequate education about nutrition.
    You cannot out exercise a bad diet either. It can be as simple as calories in, calories out but it's about the nutrition content of the calories you are eating. Eating those frozen "healthy" meals are not good for you. They are full of preservatives. Consume protein of the best quality you can and look for something that works within your lifestyle. If you love to cook then find healthy, delicious recipes you can make ahead so when you're on the go you can make a good choice. You also need to live your life. Have a glass of wine or piece of pizza but don't indulge. And more important - don't ever quit! What you focus on expands. Keep it positive - surround yourself with people who lift you up!
    I have been eating right for about a month now, no cheat day! Ive increased my exercising time, and calorie burn. I used to burn about 400 calories per workout and now I'm burning 800-1000 a day! 5days a week! What am I doing wrong!?! I'm not even losing inches!!!!!! I am so annoyed why is my body like this, I can't eat what I want, I chose nasty healthy meals and I go hard at the gym and for what!? Sighs... I give up.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating at a deficit. And I'm curious to know how you figure your calorie burns.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating at a deficit. And I'm curious to know how you figure your calorie burns.

^^^ This

You also talk about "eating right" and "nasty healthy meals" but there is no mention of the amount of calories you are consuming which leads me to think that you are not weighing & measuring your foods

While many succeed in losing weight without counting calories they are still doing so by eating at a deficit and the best way to ensure that your are in deficit is to weigh your food
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your 800-1000 calories a day in exercise calories? My may be overestimating your calorie burn and/or underestimating your eating and therefore not at a deficit.
  • Tinmari
    Tinmari Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've also read on here that deficiting too much can also cause your body to go into starvation mode and just not let go.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I echo those that say it is likely that you are not eating at a deficit.

This thread is a good place to start if you want to come up with a healthy plan to get in shape:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I've also read on here that deficiting too much can also cause your body to go into starvation mode and just not let go.

No. Starvation mode is VERY misunderstood around here. A long read, but worth it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1077746-starvation-mode-adaptive-thermogenesis-and-weight-loss?hl=adaptive+thermogenesis
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options

no.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    and my favorite read, for these types of threads...

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Take a rest day from exercise every once in a while. Weigh food, measure liquids. Stay within your calorie limits. Do not rely on machines for calorie burns.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

I love that article :drinker:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options

I love that article :drinker:

isnt it perfect!
  • jennyjen06
    Options
    I do have a scale, weighs ounces I'm just so upset
  • jennyjen06
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I do have a scale, weighs ounces I'm just so upset

Get upset when you start GAINING weight instead of not losing weight. Can you open up your food diary?