Diet Breaks

Options
In a different thread someone recommended I take a diet break. I have been doing some research on it but am looking for more input. Have you ever been on a diet break? If so, for how long, how much did you gain during that break, and how long did it take you to get that weight back off?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• 39plus
    39plus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wonderiss, congrats on the weight loss so far!
    In a popular women's magazine where the host gave everyone a car one year (don't want to advertise):
    January issue (can read free at the library) is all about diets and cleansing.
    One that held my interest and I will try starting next week is the 5:2 plan. You eat normally 5 days of the week and cleanse (not juicing or fasting...just very low calorie) the other two days.
    Now to pick my 2 days!
    Check it out; very interesting. This is also giving yourself a break where you won't feel like you're on a diet.
    I will most likely do Tuesday and Wednesday; since generally I'm not eating out or having any kind of fun on these two days.
    You could probably google this plan.
    It's not a diet.
    Hope this helps
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I spent the month of December with my parents and chose to attempt maintenance rather than keep trying to lose weight. I "dieted" most days of the week and ate out/a ton a couple days a week. I still tracked, and ended up losing 2 lb over the course of the month. Got right back on track when I got home with no issues and have lost 5 pounds in January so far. It was nice! I ate a lot of cookies.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    When I actual dieted, meaning the fads to lose weight, every break meant weight gain. I've since made a lifestyle change that does not require me to desire breaks from it. I'm happy with my current eating habits.
  • wonderiss
    wonderiss Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily want a break from my "diet"/eating habits. I am quite happy with them. However, I have been told that my eating habits have probably caused my metabolism to slow tremendously making it quite difficult to lose the 3 pounds standing between me and my goal weight. I've been encouraged to take 2 weeks and eat without logging/worrying about calories and macros to help my metabolism recover so that I can resume my current eating habits and see weight loss. I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with this type of "diet break".