How can I tell what my activity level is? :S

Hi everyone! :)

I have a hard time deciding wether my activity is very light, light, moderate, highly active or vigorous!

Does it depend on my HR? The Cals I burn per exercise? The intensity of exercise? or maybe a combination of both??

One day, I'll go to the gym & exercise for 130 minutes on the elliptical trainer only.. other days, I may only walk for an hour or two! Other times I have so much energy & I exercise for 2 hours on the elliptical, 1 hour on the lateral trainer, 30 minutes of biking & 30 minutes of walking. So it really depends on how busy I am & how much energy I have. I exercise for 3-7 days a week.

can you tell what my activity is, please? and I'm very sorry if it's a very stupid question to ask! I tried to read some articles but I ended up being more confused :/ I can tell that it's not very light :p but that's all I know lol

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Do you run 10km, three times a week?

If not, put yourself down as "Lightly Active" and go from there.
  • tgabmac
    tgabmac Posts: 46 Member
    I would say you are highly active based on the time spent and how many days. It also depends on your intensity. If you are barely breaking a sweat, put moderate. Otherwise I would say you are highly. I wouldn't say rigorous because it's not daily intense work such as bodybuilding or being a roofer or something.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Either moderate or highly active. Depends how much you move around outside exercise - desk job versus on feet most of the day moving around, come home and cook, clean, walk dog yada yada.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    I take it to reflect what you do in your everyday life besides the exercise that you're logging. For instance, I have a desk job but I don't classify myself as sedentary because I'm almost always busy doing something on my feet when I'm off. But I also don't ever log any easy chore activities like cleaning house, only if it's something very strenuous that's above and beyond normal duties.
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Even though I walk a lot for my job I set my activity as sedentary. I wear a Fitbit and I log all my exercise separately. I feel like this is more accurate as it captures all my activity but doesn't give me too many calories when I have a lazy day.