Not enough calories

Options
Hey guys, I have a small question. I seem to be consuming not enough calories. My diet combined with my exercise only netted me 642 calories today. Is this bad? I really have no desire to eat anymore today but it says I should consume like 1500 more calories.

I don't have low energy or anything, and I don't feel fatigued. In fact I feel fantastic, should I consume more calories?

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It is all about averages. Did you eat too much yesterday? Or even the day before? Your body is logging everything.
  • donjessop
    donjessop Posts: 186
    Options
    Based on the weight in your profile you should be eating, at a minimum, around 100g of protein per day (400 calories). If you are trying to lose weight this number should be moved up to closer to 130 g of protein (520 calories) per day. With the Institute of Medicine also adding in 100 grams of carbs per day that means you should be eating a minimum of 920 calories per day. Fat is also important in the diet as it is instrumental in the absorption of various trace nutrients. With even 10 grams of fat that means you should be eating a minimum of at least 1000 calories.

I'm currently about 25 pounds heavier than you (based on your profile comment) and I consume 2000 calories a day. So far I have lost 74 pounds in 5 1/2 months. I also saw a nutritionist with regard to the diet that I wanted to follow to make sure that it was safe. If you are eating below your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) - 10% you really should see your doctor/nutritionist as you are putting a lot of stress on your body and it may not react how you expect.
  • rattleh3ad
    Options
    Ok, I ate a little more and boosted my calorie intake, I guess today I didn't eat alot, but I'm gonna eat bigger breakfasts cause they give me the energy to work out.
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would be careful about boosting calories.....You want a crazy energy boost for your next work out? force down 4 glasses of water before your next work out.....