I'm skinny but have a large stomach?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm new here but I have a question that's been bugging me forever. I'm 19, 5'3" and about 107 lbs. I'm recovering from anorexia...I used to eat 900 calories or less a day but I'm getting back on track with a healthy diet. The only problem is I have a pretty large stomach and I don't know what's causing it. Even at my lightest weight I've still always had to suck in my stomach and it doesn't matter how many sit-ups or crunches I do. What am I doing wrong? I've had this my whole life even before my ED and I rarely drink so it's not like I have a beer gut.

Also on the side, I model for a living and I was told that I have to get down to around 100 lbs. Is that a realistic goal with a healthy diet and plenty of exercise? It's not worth it to me if it means relapsing but I wonder if it's possible to look slim and not muscle-bulky without harming myself.

Sorry for all the questions...thanks!

Replies

• seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    sure it is. Just eat unprocessed, natural, whole foods and keep that body moving. Mystery solved :)
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    losing weight down to 100 lbs will put you in the "underweight" category....not healty, maybe think about changing your modelling agency :wink:
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    You could try lifting weights or yoga to help strengthen your core and you might find that without dropping pounds you will look leaner than you do now.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You would be considered underweight at that weight. As far as to why you have stomach weight, if your a recovering anorexic, but your still not getting the nutrition you need. Oftentimes protein deficiency can lead to bloated stomach, because the body no longer knows how to process fluids properly. This is why allot of starving children and such get bloated stomachs, its because they don't have the nutrients they need for the bodies to function properly.

You can do strength training and not get bulky, I promise. This might help your stomach core muscles to get lean in that area. It may not be fat though, considering your history, it maybe be nutrient deficiency. It is super important to see a doctor.

Other than that, try to eat a healthy diet, especially if your still eating very low calories.