Counting calories

Options
Has anyone been counting calories consistantly for over one year?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been doing it for a little over two years.
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yep, took a small break. I gained 10 pounds, so I will live on this site!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    not yet but getting there.

I have not taken a day off from logging....even when I wasn't here I wrote the items down and logged it when I got home...

Even over the holidays I logged...wasn't pretty but I logged it...

When I go out...I log...definately not pretty but I need to know what is going on...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    In about 4 days it'll be a year and I've done it every day. Now it's just a habit
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I hope I can get to that point one day...
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Same here great loss BTW. I to am into triple digits , didn't find MFP till I had already lost 30 pounds,...
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    OH YEAH....been counting calories since 2011,took my eye off it just before xmas,gained just over a stone ,so back on it .....for me its extremely important that i monitor my intake .its easier than it used to be and i always focus on the nutricious foods as best as i can as i cant afford to eat trash ....this is my new lifestyle love this site
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Yup. I joined just before Christmas 2012. I'm hoping I won't have to count forever but I'm still working towards goals at the moment and need to make sure I'm eating enough now.
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for responding.

Couple of questions for those of you who have had great success;

How much do you drink?
    Do you just count calories, or do you also eat healthy/natural as well?

Thanks you :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for responding.

Couple of questions for those of you who have had great success;

How much do you drink?
    Do you just count calories, or do you also eat healthy/natural as well?

Thanks you :)

Drink? Liqour? enough:laugh: ...water...usually enough...8 cups a day usually, diet coke for sure, milk yup, juice diet Cran/pom and anything else I feel like.

I count calories but watch macros too...I eat food..I don't care where is comes from or if it's boxed, bagged, raw, cooked canned...high sugar, low sodium, GMO free, Free range...I just don't care..

My diary is open....today I have had fruit loops x2, 1 cup of skim milk, 2 pieces of high protien bread, 1tbsp of butter coffee with cream and sugar...

Tonight I am going to have toaster strudle...with icing after eat chicken fingers from DQ maybe..
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Been counting for roughly 2 years. Mind you sometimes I don't log although it's pretty rare.

I eat whatever fits my macros and calories. That's my definition of healthy.

As for how much I drink, you mean water or alcohol?

I drink so much water I don't count. About a 500ml an hour. As for alcohol, a glass of wine a day