Should I Be Concerned?

Options
When I first started on here, ten days ago, I was 180lbs. Upon stepping on the scale this morning. I discovered I was 5 pounds lighter. 175! Normally I would be shakin my booty around in absured amounts of happiness, but not today. I was kind of..alarmed. You see my TOM is supposed to start tomorrow. And when that happens I usually GAIN 5 pounds a few days before. The thing is, I feel bloated, but the scale is telling my otherwise. I am working out and eating right, so I do expect to lose. But this much, this especially when that time is near. Hmmm. I don't know. I guess I'm just confused on what's going on with my body.

Replies

• koala_tee
    Options
    drink plenty of water.... continue to work out.... and dont give in to the sugar and salt temptations......
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    The first week or so you always lose a lot. It's mostly water weight though, I wouldn't be alarmed at all. Maybe your body is also adjusting to your period better since you started working out and eating better.
  • BBCoach_Chiiva
    BBCoach_Chiiva Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You'll be okay.. it happens!! the scale sometimes is your worst ENEMY!
    sometime you might be losing weight but scale says the opposite!

its better to measure your self! :)
  • ardnek77
    Options
    I'm certainly not an expert but my first week the scale reflected a 7 lb. loss. The following week was a 2 lb. loss. I've had a week or two with a gain also- over time I noticed that it has balanced out to about a 1.5- 2 lb. loss a week. I'd guess that you probably lost a bunch of water weight initially and as long as you aren't starving yourself and eating the calories your body needs you shouldn't be worried! Shake your booty with victory! LOL
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be concerned. Like others said weight tends to fluctuate and it is natural to lose a good bit the first time. Keep drinking and eating right and everything will work out. CONGRATS on the loss!