Any one manage a flat stomach after c-section?

Options
I am eight months Post Pardom on baby number two, he was a emergency c-section(Oh joy) and after him I decided I wanted the body of my dreams(I am done having kids so why not) I lost 61 pounds in eight months but I have heard Horror stories about the c-section pouch and how it will never be tight or flat...Anyone have sucess with this/pics to share..This is where I am at now.

I am 5'2 138 pounds
I was 200 June 2013
My goal is to be 120 but June 2014

My body is toneing but this pudge where my c-section was is really bothering me.

Replies

• michellewilliams1974
    Options
    in same boat would like to know also:)
  • SheFitWalks
    SheFitWalks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You might want to see if your ab muscles are separated. You can check that with the method described on the Fit2b site. I have that, unfortunately. Resulting in a poochy stomach. :P There are exercises that can help that.

Here's the link directly to her Diastasis page: http://fit2b.us/how-to-check-for-diastasis-hd/

(Edited to add that there are exercises.)
  • zoecollins
    zoecollins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well your not far off anyway, thats brilliant?!
    Ive had one emergency c section and my stomach has gone back absolutly fine.
    I started working out again moderatly when he was 6/7 weeks old and have just been progessing since with the occassional falling off the wagon here and there but ive been back on at least a year now.
    My little boy is 4 now
    x
  • EricaSlaughter
    EricaSlaughter Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've had two C-sections and had a very diastasis recti (separation of the Ab muscles). I worked my butt off and nothing seemed to work to correct the problem. I still had the separation.

I finally decided to have abdominoplasty to correct the issue. Not saying this is for everyone, but this was the route I chose. I've never been more happy with the results.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections and have a lot of extra skin. My sister, however, has had 3 c-sections and has a completely flat stomach and wear tiny bikinis and looks smokin' hot. It just all depends on the person.
  • ashleymarie9807
    ashleymarie9807 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok figured it out, I still have alot of toneing to do but you can kinda see my pouch...
    USjlE5bC20omjvI5gx0JqpdV7X9ZKcIr_lg.jpg
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I to had a c-section 18 yrs ago, as they said it depends on the person. I do have flat stomach but when I bend down I see the pouch sticking out....still working on toning it.....someday it will get here :/
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    You might want to see if your ab muscles are separated. You can check that with the method described on the Fit2b site. I have that, unfortunately. Resulting in a poochy stomach. :P There are exercises that can help that.

Here's the link directly to her Diastasis page: http://fit2b.us/how-to-check-for-diastasis-hd/

(Edited to add that there are exercises.)

I will share this with my wife who had one C-section, then years and years later had an emergency C-sections, the doctors at that point did not care what it took and really did some damage. She has fought to get her belly down for the last 7 years, I hope she will get something out of the site. thanks for sharing.
  • dblk19
    dblk19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...would like to check out site that was mentioned...thanks for the input :)
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Some insurance plans in Canada will cover a tummy tuck procedure if you had an emergency C-section. But I don't know where you live lol
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Some insurance plans in Canada will cover a tummy tuck procedure if you had an emergency C-section. But I don't know where you live lol

Really?? How would I find out about that?
    I had my son in 2003 and he was an emergency c-section (born at 32weeks)
    I've lost over 70lbs except my stomach still looks the same :(
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've had two C-sections and had a very diastasis recti (separation of the Ab muscles). I worked my butt off and nothing seemed to work to correct the problem. I still had the separation.

I finally decided to have abdominoplasty to correct the issue. Not saying this is for everyone, but this was the route I chose. I've never been more happy with the results.

I´m so happy for you!
    I had a c-section almost 20 years ago and have always had an "apron" hanging over my scar. I have hated it for all these years and I believe that was part of the reason why I never felt motivated enough to lose weight. I just new that no matter how many lbs I would lose the pouch would still be there. I have now met with a plastic surgeon and will have a tummy tuck when I have lost at least 22 lbs (my choice).

So you have any before/after pics you´re willing to share?
  • Fit_little_vegan
    Options
    I didn't have an emergency one I had a scheduled one so idk if that makes a difference and I only have 1 kid.

Idk how to post a pic so will probably just have to copy and paste link

http://i40.tinypic.com/rucv8l.jpg
    rucv8l.jpg

Lol yeah no clue how to post a pic
    I'm not where I want to be yet but getting there slowly
  • ashleymarie9807
    ashleymarie9807 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Fit, it does not matter if it was emergency or not lol, I was just saying mine was not planed.
  • SheFitWalks
    SheFitWalks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Reply to djxil -

You're welcome. I hope this helps her if this is what has happened to her abdominal area. It's nice to know that there is something that can be done. :smile:

- Sorry, I replied directly to his post, but don't know why it didn't post directly under his post. :ohwell:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!