Pizza & Beer

Options
Been losing weight for some months now... at my 124 and now just trying to lose 5 more lbs and tone it all... but really all my fiancé wanna do tonight is drink beer and eat pizza. I had my oatmeal for breakfast, gonna have a protein shake for lunch... if I go to the gym on my lunch break and burn off all the calories I ate today am I entitled to some pizza and beer?! Calories are calories right?

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much.
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You are talking about your last 5 pounds? then calories are not calories. You last 5-10 pounds require extreme dedication achieved only by few
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have pizza every week. You don't need to cut out the foods you like. If they fit into your calories then enjoy your treat. Even if it doesn't, once in a while is not going to set you back. You won't gain all your weight back in 1 night.

Pretty sure I'll have a beer with my dinner tonight.

Edited to add - please eat more than oatmeal and a protein shake!!! You don't need to starve yourself to lose weight
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can have pizza & beer.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    lol... you don't NEED to burn off the calories out ate today.

As long as the few pieces of pizza and a few beers don't put you OVER your daily caloric allowance, you will lose weight.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Have Pizza and Beer and enjoy!!! :heart:
  • lizlucas1
    lizlucas1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you over-consume you can always make up for it with exercise. And at times you're entitled to misbehave once in a while, because if you deprive yourself of something, when you finally receive it, you'll binge until you really butcher yourself with your diet and exercise routine. Pizza is okay, but moderate what you eat and how much you eat. For instance, one slice won't kill you, and you can always substitute the beer for something else. Beer can have twice as much fat per ounce as McDonald's French fries. I would pass up the beer any day and make sure you make smart decisions on the pizza. One slice is good, and to add a bit of filling to the meal, maybe a breadstick or some pretzels. My point is you can still enjoy the finer things in life once in a while without sacrificing your goals.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Just say yes to pizza.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza about twice a week and have a beer most nights.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, ha I am not starving though, its just what I eat most days and I'm accustomed to it. If I get hungry I have an apple, orange or applesauce, etc. I just aim for 900 calories but if I go over I don't beat myself up but pizza and beer is a lot of calories
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Of course you're entitled. "Pizza and beer" is a human right.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    900 calories is starving yourself
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, ha I am not starving though, its just what I eat most days and I'm accustomed to it. If I get hungry I have an apple, orange or applesauce, etc. I just aim for 900 calories but if I go over I don't beat myself up but pizza and beer is a lot of calories

Oh wait, what.
  • Fedup23
    Fedup23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Beer can have twice as much fat per ounce as McDonald's French fries.

Are you eating a stick of butter with your beer???
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Agree, Have your beer and pizza you deserve that once in awhile!!:drinker:
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    If you can make it fit into your calorie goals, there's absolutely nothing wrong with pizza and beer. Heck, even if they don't fit, one day isn't going to kill you. Figure out how much over your limit is personally acceptable for you for a non-holiday and have that many pieces/bottles. Your macros may not be on the mark, but again it's not a problem for a single day.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Of course you're entitled. "Pizza and beer" is a human right.

THIS. Just don't go overboard. Just enjoy in moderation :smile:
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just remember that ONE slice of pizza is ONE serving. Eating two slices is basically going back for seconds. Just make sure you're honest with your log, including the beer--from what I hear the WEEKLY caloric total is what matters. If you go over by 300 cals today, go under by 100 the next 3 days and it should even out.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    900 calories is starving yourself
    This. Why are you trying to eat so little? Then talking about how much exercise you can do, then asking if you are allowed to have pizza and beer?

That's disordered thinking, dangerously similar to anorexic thinking. Be careful.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You definitely SHOULD have the pizza and beer. I was in the same position a few weeks ago where I knew I would be in a social setting where I would have a beer. I scheduled my day's calories accounting for two beers. I ended up drinking only one and came away with a surplus.
    If you deprive yourself of something you enjoy, or let your lifestyle changes to impact other people, you'll have a much harder time sticking to it.