Pizza & Beer

Options

Replies

• timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Beer can have twice as much fat per ounce as McDonald's French fries.

Are you eating a stick of butter with your beer???

lmao no kidding. ever heard of michelob ultra????
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    eat the pizza, drink the beer, and eat more than 900 cals a day
    no_zps108718b4.gif?t=1390573220\m/
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, ha I am not starving though, its just what I eat most days and I'm accustomed to it. If I get hungry I have an apple, orange or applesauce, etc. I just aim for 900 calories but if I go over I don't beat myself up but pizza and beer is a lot of calories

900 calories...a day?? Honey, go research your TDEE and BMR. Don't be eating below your BMR. You're just going to do damage to your metabolism that will make it more difficult to maintain in the future. And eat some pizza. Drink some beer. Or wine. And ice cream. Nomnomnom.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options

lmao no kidding. ever heard of michelob ultra????
    It's not even light beers vs. regular beers. Beer is inherently fat free.

Did this person mean calories? Because even that's usually wrong by virtue of measurements. The ounces you use to measure the weight of fries are different than the ounces used to measure the volume of beer.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    You are talking about your last 5 pounds? then calories are not calories. You last 5-10 pounds require extreme dedication achieved only by few
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If you over-consume you can always make up for it with exercise. And at times you're entitled to misbehave once in a while, because if you deprive yourself of something, when you finally receive it, you'll binge until you really butcher yourself with your diet and exercise routine. Pizza is okay, but moderate what you eat and how much you eat. For instance, one slice won't kill you, and you can always substitute the beer for something else. Beer can have twice as much fat per ounce as McDonald's French fries. I would pass up the beer any day and make sure you make smart decisions on the pizza. One slice is good, and to add a bit of filling to the meal, maybe a breadstick or some pretzels. My point is you can still enjoy the finer things in life once in a while without sacrificing your goals.
    Huh? Beer has exactly ZERO fat. Where exactly did you get that completely made up statement? You apparently have no idea what beer is.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, ha I am not starving though, its just what I eat most days and I'm accustomed to it. If I get hungry I have an apple, orange or applesauce, etc. I just aim for 900 calories but if I go over I don't beat myself up but pizza and beer is a lot of calories
    :huh: :noway:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    eat the pizza, drink the beer, and eat more than 900 cals a day
    no_zps108718b4.gif?t=1390573220\m/
    + 1 on the beer, pizza and eating more than 900 cals a day.
    Quoting because that little duckling is just toooo cute!:heart:
  • kballard66
    Options
    Have and enjoy your pizza and beer, everything in moderation. BTW, I love pizza and beer the two just go together.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    You are talking about your last 5 pounds? then calories are not calories. You last 5-10 pounds require extreme dedication achieved only by few

What? I've changed my goal weight like three times to account for wiggle in body fat % but have zero problems losing on 1700 a day.
    Calories are in fact calories.

OP, there's nothing wrong with pizza and beer, as long as you're balancing your macronutrients but 900 calories? Hun, that's like...my breakfast :( Eat more food.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    PLEASE go out for pizza and beer and have fun! You are young; you look fabulous! Go enjoy life!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    ever thought about making your own pizza? buy the dough from a pizza place (yes, they sell it). you might be able to get whole wheat pizza dough as well. i really love it. throw some chicken and some veggies on that pizza, and enjoy a slice or two. and a beer or two. it's not a bad meal!!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Show me the nutritional information of one beer that has fat in it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Seriously. I may want to try these . . .
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

*hi five*

OP, eat... more than 900 calories, for the love of gravy.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

It all floats to the top and sloshed around. Actually, the visual of fat in beer makes me gag
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Just remember that ONE slice of pizza is ONE serving. Eating two slices is basically going back for seconds.
    NO
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Right! What the hell kind of beer is that lady drinking? Fat? My beer is Carbzz!~
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Just do it! Mmm pizza and beer
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Just remember that ONE slice of pizza is ONE serving. Eating two slices is basically going back for seconds. Just make sure you're honest with your log, including the beer--from what I hear the WEEKLY caloric total is what matters. If you go over by 300 cals today, go under by 100 the next 3 days and it should even out.

No.