Pizza & Beer

Options

Replies

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I don't think my 900 a day is as bad as it sounds, again its what I aim for... I usually go over. But yes I will have my pizza and beer tonight. and watch a movie. and sit on my *kitten*. happy??!!

The real question is are YOU happy? 900 seems super unrealistic long term and potentially damaging.

yeah I'm happy because I don't let myself go hungry. again if I'm hungry I have a salad with my choice of dressing... or I have grilled chicken.. or fruit and veggies... I'm never really hungry.. I just try to keep my breakfast and lunch consistent and make sure I'm not eating high calories snacks
    I know you feel like this is ok because you're still eating when you're hungry. I used to do the same thing. At 5'9", I ate about 1000 cal/day. I felt fine; I lost weight for a while. But then I stopped losing. And then I came here and started listening to the people around here who are very successful. I could not believe that they were losing and these "super-high" calorie goals. But they were. I decided to give it a try. I increased my intake from 1000 to 1800 calories/day and consistently ate them for 6 weeks while working out for 3 hours/week. I lost 8 pounds. But better than that, I felt AMAZING! The fog lifted from my brain. I had energy to work out AND play with my kids AND do everything else a mom does after work. I can't say enough about how much it changed my life. I am a different person. I had no idea I could feel so good!

So, please, give some thought to what these people are telling you. Consider eating more and give it 6 weeks. You'll be surprised at how good you feel!

Oh! And eat the pizza! Drink the beer! Have some fun!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm about your same weight. I eat 1900 calories a day and have lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks, b/c I cut back from closer to 2100 calories a day. So if I am losing weight at 1900 calories a day, and you are not losing weight at 900 calories a day...just *maybe* you aren't eating enough calories.

I'm not being rude, but if what you are currently doing isn't working...then you need to do something else. And it looks like all of previous posts have told you to increase your calorie intake.

It has been working.. but I do appreciate the feedback. I'll look into it a little more

Unless you are very short, have metabolic issues (such as from recent chemo treatment), or the like, 900 calories is very very low.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Also, again, I'm happy with my body for the most part except just need to be toned.. I guess I feel like I can lose lbs going over my calorie limit but now that I want to have everything toned for my wedding in less than 5 months.. these are crucial times. and I don't wanna fall off the wagon by thinking its ok to have pizza and beer all the time....... does anybody hear me?!

If you want to get more toned, start doing strength training. And to do adequate strength training and actually build muscle, you need to eat at maintenance so your muscles have nutrients to work with. We hear you, just the majority of MFPers don't agree with you. Myself included. 900 calories will work, you will likely lose weight. However, it's very easy to go over that number and then you get issues like feeling guilty about having a whopper, or feeling deprived, which leads to falling off the wagon during these "crucial times".

If you've only got 5 pounds to lose for your wedding, trust me, read The New Rules of Weightlifting for Women. Follow what they suggest and you will look fantastic for your wedding and will be a healthier person.
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I want a Newcastle and black and green olive pizza with Feta cheese, onions, artichockes and red peppers. Forgot the eggplant..need that too. And another beer
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much.

Is that like your catchphrase. Ive been in 4 threads this morning and thats what you say in 50% of them.
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Beer can have twice as much fat per ounce as McDonald's French fries.

Are you eating a stick of butter with your beer???

lmao no kidding. ever heard of michelob ultra????

Unfortunately, yes. :sick:

That's not beer

Perhaps you meant to say pizza, not beer? Pizza can have a lot of fat depending on what kind.
    If you did mean beer, I do not know what kind of beer you're drinking but, my beer does not have fat. Carbs yes, fat no.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Also, again, I'm happy with my body for the most part except just need to be toned.. I guess I feel like I can lose lbs going over my calorie limit but now that I want to have everything toned for my wedding in less than 5 months.. these are crucial times. and I don't wanna fall off the wagon by thinking its ok to have pizza and beer all the time....... does anybody hear me?!

You should not feel guilty or feel you need to immediately hit the gym after eating one burger. Watch your calories. Hit a healthy amount. Aim for more protein. Lift some heavy weights.

That's how you get "toned." You cannot achieve firmness, tightness, or whatever other adjective you want to use or "toned" without adequate calories, nutrition, and some form of strength training. Gradually upping your calories to a healthy amount (what is your height, btw?) will ease you into healthy eating before your wedding.

Eating 900 calories a day isn't "healthy," btw, no matter how much oatmeal and carrots are shoved in there.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

That's not beer

Perhaps you meant to say pizza, not beer? Pizza can have a lot of fat depending on what kind.
    If you did mean beer, I do not know what kind of beer you're drinking but, my beer does not have fat. Carbs yes, fat no.

I'm afraid this went over your head a little. We were just saying that Michelob Ultra is not beer because it tastes repulsive. Not that it has fat in it.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

You don't have to listen to any of us tell you you're not eating enough... I'm posting this again and saying go run your own numbers.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options

That's not beer

I'm afraid this went over your head a little. We were just saying that Michelob Ultra is not beer because it tastes repulsive. Not that it has fat in it.
    In. For beer shaming. Shame on Michelob for calling that beer!
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I don't think my 900 a day is as bad as it sounds, again its what I aim for... I usually go over. But yes I will have my pizza and beer tonight. and watch a movie. and sit on my *kitten*. happy??!!

The real question is are YOU happy? 900 seems super unrealistic long term and potentially damaging.

yeah I'm happy because I don't let myself go hungry. again if I'm hungry I have a salad with my choice of dressing... or I have grilled chicken.. or fruit and veggies... I'm never really hungry.. I just try to keep my breakfast and lunch consistent and make sure I'm not eating high calories snacks
    I know you feel like this is ok because you're still eating when you're hungry. I used to do the same thing. At 5'9", I ate about 1000 cal/day. I felt fine; I lost weight for a while. But then I stopped losing. And then I came here and started listening to the people around here who are very successful. I could not believe that they were losing and these "super-high" calorie goals. But they were. I decided to give it a try. I increased my intake from 1000 to 1800 calories/day and consistently ate them for 6 weeks while working out for 3 hours/week. I lost 8 pounds. But better than that, I felt AMAZING! The fog lifted from my brain. I had energy to work out AND play with my kids AND do everything else a mom does after work. I can't say enough about how much it changed my life. I am a different person. I had no idea I could feel so good!

So, please, give some thought to what these people are telling you. Consider eating more and give it 6 weeks. You'll be surprised at how good you feel!

Oh! And eat the pizza! Drink the beer! Have some fun!

^ This is really good advice. I have experienced the same thing - since achieving my goal weight I upped my calories to TDEE and have actually lost even more weight and at a faster rate since then (which was not quite what I was aiming for, but I've increased my calories again and hopefully it levels out). Eating at a deficit does make you lose weight, but when you can also lose weight just as quickly, if not more quickly, eating a normal amount and feeling much better because of it why would you starve yourself?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,223 Member
    Options
    You say you want to get toned, well that won't happen eating 900 calories a day. What will happen is your body will not just burn off fat, it will burn off muscle mass which is what you need to look toned. You need to eat more. If you don't you will not get the body you want, instead you will simply be a smaller "untoned" version of what you are now.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, ha I am not starving though, its just what I eat most days and I'm accustomed to it. If I get hungry I have an apple, orange or applesauce, etc. I just aim for 900 calories but if I go over I don't beat myself up but pizza and beer is a lot of calories

So you dont plan on burning more calories after drinking the beer and eating the pizza?

=\
  • roblock81
    roblock81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Think the trend it obvious but hey I will chime in also. Toning up and 900 calories day just does not work. Sure you may drop 5lbs eating 900 a day but I can assure you it was not fat you lost. Your body requires more just to survive during the day and when it needs more it is going to reduce your lean muscle. I think the new trending word for this is "Skinny Fat"?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

That's not beer

Beer shaming is wrong! We need a beer-spo thread now to cure this!

Okay. No. Beer shaming is oh so right. Probably the only kind of shame that is.

Hummmm. Beer-spo. I may be onto something . . .
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much.

Is that like your catchphrase. Ive been in 4 threads this morning and thats what you say in 50% of them.

Do you think I need a catch phrase? Seems like something I could benefit from.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options

That's not beer

Beer shaming is wrong! We need a beer-spo thread now to cure this!

Okay. No. Beer shaming is oh so right. Probably the only kind of shame that is.

Hummmm. Beer-spo. I may be onto something . . .
    Hmmm....a beer-spo thread? Yes. Let's do it!
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I do strength training 3-4 times a week. Lifting weights. I've gotten stronger. I can lift/squat more than I could 3 weeks ago.. and I have been going down on lbs... I guess that's why it makes it hard to believe id go down on 2000 cals a day
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I just love me some beer and its been one thing I haven't been willing to cut out but I finally cut it out of the week and only usually have a couple on the weekends. wait scratch that. last Friday I had like 6. but other than that I have mostly cut back haha
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Show me the nutritional information of one beer that has fat in it.

*hi five*

OP, eat... more than 900 calories, for the love of gravy.

mmmmm gravy