What can I replace with chicken?

Options
I already replaced my eggs in the morning with a protein shake I put in two scoops with ice whole milk spinach and a spoonful of peanut butter.

But need something to replace chicken I get tired of it steak is pretty expensive at the grocery store where I live. So what can I replace chicken with I was going to do steak but some run up to $12 plus and I'm on a budget.

So what other meat can I replace it with that still healthy?

Thanks

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    You can perhaps replace the steak with pork roast. It goes on sale often were I live. You can even go for cheaper cuts of beef like chuck roast and brine/slow cook it.

Also, consider salmon or some other kind of seafood.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Turkey is pretty inexpensive. Some fish is pretty reasonable too. I like tilapia. Swai fillets are pretty good too.
  • Fitnessman168
    Fitnessman168 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Would pork chops be okay not a huge fan of fish?
  • ambyrcat
    Options
    Even if you're not a big fan of fish, try swai. It's inexpensive and very very mild. Doesn't taste fishy at all. And easy to prepare. Rub with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and bake @ 350 for 15 mins. Done. Even my kid eats that one :D
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Would pork chops be okay not a huge fan of fish?

Sure, pork is great.
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    Turkey is pretty inexpensive. Some fish is pretty reasonable too. I like tilapia. Swai fillets are pretty good too.

This^ I love ground turkey! You can do so much with it. You cook it upwith fresh cut up veggies, make an awesome turkey spinach burger stuffed with cheese! sooo good Turkey meat loaf is easy and delish too.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much fish either but I really like Tilapia and tuna. Thos e are great substitutes. Ham steaks are pretty inexpensive too and easy to cook up. I use them in crock pot lentil soup and cut them into quarters and use them to make ham, egg and cheese muffins.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Watch the calories with ground turkey though. You usually don't save any calories or fat. I let the price dictate whether I buy ground beef or ground turkey. Unless you have cholesterol issues or a heart condition or something. Then, skip the red meat.
  • ChaoticUT
    Options
    Tilapia is great suggestion.

Look for cheap, beef or pork roasts on sale and put them in the crock pot. Cheap and effortless.

Chicken in crock pot is also a nice switch up.