need motivation to keep going

Options
Ok so I am doing p90x doubles on week 5 day 5. Have not missed a workout yet!!! I am not losing a lot of weight started at 196.0 and now am at 187.2. I have not cheated since monday before last on food. Then I cheated last night now I am so disappointed that I am struggling to workout today. I know it may seem kinda silly but I need to be told it is ok :wink: I know I am like a little kid needing approval hahaha. So could you share what you do to get back on track and motivated again? Thanks everyone!!!

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I think its the idea of the cheating that makes you feel upset. Dont use that word. You enjoyed lots of goodies for one day. Next day you get back to it and work hard. Its when you start thinking oh no I cheated might as well not bother is when it becomes a problem. This is then why you find people saying oh i am starting over again. Dont start again just keep at it.

So its ok get moving and enjoy your workout. well done on your weightloss so far. Onwards and downwards.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It's not cheating, you are living. Plan your meals around the treats you want so they fit into your daily goals. The idea that you are going to exclude certain things you clearly enjoy may not be sustainable.
  • Minyo67
    Minyo67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First of all losing 10 pounds is a big step in the right direction! don't beat yourself up for cheating a little, one day of eating bad can't hurt. Sometimes you need that cheat day to keep moving forward. I did a major down slide after losing a couple of pounds, about 3 month hiatus till I realized I need to get back on it. I've only been good for 1 week so far and I feel your pain. You're doing great keep up the good work!!
  • baptistforlife
    Options
    Thank you so much :) I needed to hear that you sweet lady are very inspiring by the way!!!!
  • baptistforlife
    Options
    First of all losing 10 pounds is a big step in the right direction! don't beat yourself up for cheating a little, one day of eating bad can't hurt. Sometimes you need that cheat day to keep moving forward. I did a major down slide after losing a couple of pounds, about 3 month hiatus till I realized I need to get back on it. I've only been good for 1 week so far and I feel your pain. You're doing great keep up the good work!!
  • baptistforlife
    Options
    thank you on day at a time onward and forward :)
  • baptistforlife
    Options
    on day a time hahaha one day at a time :)
  • baptistforlife
    Options
    I am not good at replying to post yet as this is my first I will figure it out though :) Thanks everyone I am going to work out now I will be back in two and a half hours :)
  • NafisaT13
    Options
    Don't think of it as "cheating", think of it as not ignoring your beloved food. I'm almost literally married to Cheetos. Seriously, I'd take vows if it'll have me. I simply plan my daily consumption around my Cheetos, but keep in mind that it's just fine indulging sometimes as long as I don't repeat too often. Don't let it get you down. It's okay to ask for the approval thing, we've all been there. Good luck!
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I can guarantee you that just about everyone on here has had an unplanned slip up at least once- i know for me it happens from time to time. In the long run you will learn that these slip ups (provided it's not an every day thing, of course) do not matter! Absolutely do not be discouraged by this- it is all part of the process
  • nikkifourquet
    Options
    it okay everyone's body is different just keep up the good work you'll get there eventually