Considering buying Lululemon

2»

Replies

• kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    I completely agree with kickivale. I've tried many brands expensive tights but the inexpensive newbalance running tights my boyfriend ordered me on Amazon are my absoloute favorite. The'yre not sheer at all, super comfortable and stay exactly where they are supossed to.

Right?? My Nike pants were always falling down! I feel like I am wearing the perfect pair of pants with the New Balance ones. The waistband is good, the sizing is accurate, the material is super strong; I was like YES. PANTS JACKPOT
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Well they're proof that not all Lulu is sheer.

@Shoechick5 What Lulu do you own with the leggings/have you bought it recently?

I've been hearing that the stuff in stores is better than what is being shipped from online

Way, way too many pieces to list. Being in Vancouver I have a lot of Lulu.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    I want a pair of warm leggings for the winter so I can go from gym or running to class
    I tried underarmor and ended up with sheerness while not bending as well as extreme changes through the sizes.
    My mall has North Face and Lululemon which are around the same price. The underwunders are the ones I'm looking at since they don't have a seat seam. How should I test for sheerness, is it better to take it home and test it there because of lighting?

Also what do you wear under lululemons? Thongs, seamless panties, seamless thongs? The smallest ones I own are cheeksters from VS, if I can get away with a seamless underwear it would be preferable.

I LOVE lululemon. Expensive but great quality. I wear seamless thongs under pretty much anything "yoga" material.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    The lulu products shipped are the exact same ones you find in the store. To check for sheerness, go to the store, wear undies with a print and bend over in the change room:) It will be very obvious. I love my older lulus but any I have purchased in the last two years have shotty quality, stitching and seams coming undone. I love my fleece lined alpine run tights from lulu, I also wear them for cross country skiing.
  • Caffe1ne
    Caffe1ne Posts: 7 Member
    The lulu products shipped are the exact same ones you find in the store. To check for sheerness, go to the store, wear undies with a print and bend over in the change room:) It will be very obvious. I love my older lulus but any I have purchased in the last two years have shotty quality, stitching and seams coming undone. I love my fleece lined alpine run tights from lulu, I also wear them for cross country skiing.

Fleece lined?! I couldn't find it on their site. But just noticed the ice queen tights but no reviews on it.
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    I'm a big fan of my New Balance tights and my R.E.I tights. I've had them for years and they look and perform like new. The prices are a bit higher but considering the use I've gotten out of them they are a bargain. R.E.I also lets you buy into their co-op for about $25 and then you get money back every year. Totally worth it.

I'm willing to spend a bit more for pants than tops because I want quality fabric, gussets and seams. My favorite tops are wicking Champion ones from Target. If you have the Cartwheel app they are 25% off right now I think.

LuLu is totally on my crap list due to their recent antics.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Call me cheap but my favorite leggings for workouts (lifting, elliptical, kickboxing) are the Danskin Now fitted leggings from Walmart. They run a size big I think. I wear a 10/12 in jeans, but I have three pairs of M (8-10) long fitted leggings from there and I wear them CONSTANTLY. They don't shrink, super comfortable, and I never have to pull them up! They're about $12.

I have a pair of Walmart Danksin capris and they are my favorite, favorite running pants of every brand that I own. I wear them almost every time I run -- my dog knows that she's going for a run as soon as I start to put these on. LOL
  • Caffe1ne
    Caffe1ne Posts: 7 Member
    I'm a big fan of my New Balance tights and my R.E.I tights. I've had them for years and they look and perform like new. The prices are a bit higher but considering the use I've gotten out of them they are a bargain. R.E.I also lets you buy into their co-op for about $25 and then you get money back every year. Totally worth it.

I'm willing to spend a bit more for pants than tops because I want quality fabric, gussets and seams. My favorite tops are wicking Champion ones from Target. If you have the Cartwheel app they are 25% off right now I think.

LuLu is totally on my crap list due to their recent antics.

I never considered R.E.I I have a store somewhere near me. Are they their own brand or a different one?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I guess I'm partial to LuLu since most of the girls in my gym wear it so it seems to work.

what do you mean they seem to work?

they keep your *kitten* covered while you are working out? because if that's the case then NO they don't really work that well.

REI is an awesome brand by the way- love their stuff.

My favorite work out pants are from TJmaxx for 25 bucks- or my Old Navy black capris- 40% off I think I paid ten bucks for them- not sheer at all- great fit. waist could be a little more forgiving- but the pant itself is fabulous.

Seriously- target- TJmaxx- wal-mart- fabulous options.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    I get most of my workout clothing at Marshall's. I will buy athleta if on clearance.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Lululemon also just has really poor customer service, especially for a supposed luxury brand.

For instance, they purposely only make a small amount of some of their most popular products and colors, to ensure that people will pay full price for them because they are afraid they'll sell out. Some things sell out online within hours--which they love, because it makes them seem more "exclusive."

Also, nothing purchased on sale is returnable--and full priced products have to be returned in just 14 days. This is a high-end, global brand--I expect much better customer service for those prices. They're not a small boutique; they should be able to figure out their distribution stuff.

Compare that to Athleta, which actually gets that they make apparel for ATHLETES--they encourage you to work out in their clothes, even remove the tags, and still return them no questions asked.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    I would choose North Face over Lululemon, especially since they tried to blame shoddy fabric and workmanship on the bodies of the women wearing them. But I would also look at Athleta, they have a good return policy and are probably cheaper.
    Same here.