Share Your Non Scale Victories! (NSV)

Options
Hi all! I know sometimes we all get a litle stuck on whether or not that scale is moving (whether that be up or down)! So let's talk about our non-scale victories!

-Today I wore a business skirt that I bought about a year ago, I had to go home and change because it was so loose that it kept looping around and around! Definitely motivated me to keep at it! :) Your Turn!

Replies

• Spoonfed17
    Spoonfed17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can now wear some of my cutesie bras that I haven't worn in 1+ years! I like putting on cute undies and bras and looking at myself in the mirror as if I were in a Dove commercial! Really helps me appreciate my body and where it has been and where it is going!

I also don't break a sweat from fighting with panty hose and zippers every morning. Things zip up a lot easier than they used to and the pantyhose don't even fight back now!

Great idea for a post! Thanks!
  • sdasilva76
    sdasilva76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this 2 weeks but I like the fact that I no longer look a few months pregnant from the upper belly bloating. My belly is slowly going back to its normal shape, which I've always been very proud of :)
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The majority of my jeans were a little too tight so I was relying on the old maternity scrunchy extension trick to get them buttoned comfortably and now I can button them all without a ponytail holder. Thank you! Woohoo! Seems small and insignificant but it was a big sign that I wasn't keeping myself on track.
  • khassidy
    khassidy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wooot! Great Job everyone:)
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    A moment of victory is two things #1 - My mom passed away and I have her ring that I couldn't ever wear cause well it was small, would put on my pinky finger and swirl around and my others fingers forget it....8 months into my new life style I decide to just try it on and it fit perfect #2 - my best friend came into town for my son's graduation, she has always been smaller and skinnier than me but being able to try on not one but two of her dresses was WOW! moment :)
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A pair of jeans that used to be tight on me now fit so loosely that I can actually put on a pair of sweatpants underneath and still have plenty of room! And right now I need as many layers as I can get on - it's been VERY cold in Atlanta this week.
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I only started this journey on Tuesday, so I don't have any loose clothes examples. I am however, very proud that I have diligently logged on everyday and recorded everything I have eaten. Also the fact that I have started to exercise. Honestly I have not worked out as much as I want to, but I am moving each day. I plan to remedy that issue.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    All it takes is one day at a time, dedication and planning/preparing
  • khassidy
    Options
    That's a GREAT accomplishment:)! If you keep at it, those clothes will be loose in no time:) A victory is a victory!
  • khassidy
    Options
    This almost made me cry :p! When My husband first proposed to me (4years ago), He bought the ring in a size 7 and i literally forced it on and had to use crisco to get it off LOL! I had to get it sized to a 9. (it's now too big So i wear a ring snuggie) Well the other day, I found my grandmothers ring (which is a size 7) and when i tried it on it fit perfectly! I was so happy!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I've had a few NSVs lately...

My "skinny" sister is giving me cloths...they are too big for her now that she is at goal....but they are a size 8..and they fit where they didn't 2 months ago..so that is 1 size down and only 3lbs on the scale...*does a happy dance*

I was getting very discouraged with my progress actually because I just couldn't see it...so my husband took some pics for me Wednesday...

My bum looks like it did when I was 20...no joke....I have pics to prove it.
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I graduated high school in 2002 and quit cheerleading the year before that. I recently joined a gymnastics class and did a back handspring all by myself on Monday! It was a total confidence booster
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I started my journey here 4 months ago at a size 14. The other day i took some of my old jeans out of the closet and tried them on. I am now fitting some of my 10's !!!!! I could tell that i was shrinking but didn't realize just how much till then. Also my hubby is being a bit more attentive than he had been. :wink: Back to the huggy kissy we used to be. :smooched:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Remembered another one...I can now do an actual full on straight arm chin up...and pull up...just one but that's big.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    A pair of jeans that used to be tight on me now fit so loosely that I can actually put on a pair of sweatpants underneath and still have plenty of room! And right now I need as many layers as I can get on - it's been VERY cold in Atlanta this week.

Oh, it has been brutally cold. I am regretting not putting on my long underwear beneath my suit pants today. And that is my NSV: my smallest suit, that I couldn't even wear last summer, is too big! I need to go clothes shopping!!
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Great NSVs everyone!
    Today I increased my push ups (full-on, man-style) from 30 to 35 per set. I was thrilled!
  • aplatt41
    aplatt41 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My clothes in general are feeling lose! The ring on my right hand keeps twirling around my finger! My face is looking slimmer!!! I love it. I have only lost 3lbs but work out 5 days a week and this is my 17th day. So excited to see more progress. Just taking 1 day at a time!
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    10 months ago I could not look down my body and see my feet, because of my fat tummy! Now I can see my feet! :smile: :happy:
  • briannashaw_
    briannashaw_ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that my clothes are getting more and more loose! Before, it was on the verge of getting tighter! So, I think I might be moving from XL to a Large in clothing! So excited! :smile: Plus, I've noticed a change in my belly, especially my almost non-existant love handles :wink:
  • tashamoulds
    Options
    My victory was when I went from size 15 pants in women to size 11 juniors. Story about this, I had a temporary bout of body dis morphia because I was seeing muffin top that didn't exist but as I got used to my new size I began rocking my jeans like no ones business and I'm discovering that for some of them I still have to wear a belt.
    I was also able to wear a revealing Flapper girl costume for Halloween (I made it myself, the dress was an old, red, dancing costume.), which years ago when I was bigger I wouldn't even dare think about wearing.
    Another victory (but fail also) is my wrist shrank. It's good because that means I lost fat but it's bad because most of my bracelets that used to fit in now slip off easily.