My NSV, what is yours this week?

Options

Replies

• str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My best one of the week well so far...

About 2 weeks ago I went into the local Mcy d's and all the older gentlemen stopped talking and watched walk all the way across the room. Fast forward to this week...

Convo between my fiancé and I. I always ask him if whatever I am wearing looks ok. He said, you better not be going to Mcy d's. I asked why and he said, some old man is going to have a heart attack!

SCORE!!!!! Apparently the squats, lunges and frogs are paying off.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure is at 101/60 (used to be 150/115).

This is awesome!!!
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Being able to tie a towel around myself. My not so great NSV is that I officially have no pants that fit. They all fall as I move to do anything. Can't do any shopping until tax returns come back. I have ONE skirt that fits and it is WAYY too cold for that!
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    So proud of everyone!!!

My NSV (not having many scale ones at the mo' :grumble: ) is that I've cut sugar out of my tea! Completely - this time last year i was having 4! Spoons in one cup! Now as of last week I'm a no sugar tea drinker!

Now just to find an alternative to low sugar chocolate!
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Try a thrift shop or consignment store to find bargains, especially when you might not yet be at your goal.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Currently wearing a pair of jeans I put away for "someday" when I lost the weight. Apparently today is someday :wink:
  • stepknee
    stepknee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My skin has cleared up so much the last 2 weeks. I don't know if it is the fact that I have been eating better or because I am forcing myself to take the extra 3 or 4 minutes a night when I am exhausted to take off makeup or a combination of both, but the acne problems that I have had the last 3 months are gone. Totally worth the daily logging and eating healthy for that alone.
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    These are really inspiring to read!

My NSV of the week was that I finally got up the nerve to get a personal trainer and learn how to use the weights area at my gym. I was nervous, but I did it anyways! I rock! :)
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Since I moved into my new flat, there's a big mirror right in front of the shower-bath that relentlessly shows every bit of flab one could possibly imagine on a naked body. It's truly ruthless.
    Today after my run, I found I didn't have to turn away from my reflection when I reached to get some shampoo.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    During my workout this morning I started to realize how much better I am getting at doing a plank. And I can feel my abs getting stronger.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    It was -4 degrees here in NY I really didn't want to go to the gym, I was sore and lethargic but I forced myself to go. Every rep was a struggle but I got through it and went beyond my normal workout. These are the days that prove to me that I have really changed

It snowed here in the greater Austin, TX area and I also did NOT want to work out. I did my circuit and finished strong and thought "I'm going to do it again." And I DID!

Also, I wore size 18 slacks to my interview this morning and NEEDED my belt to keep them up. Not just for looks anymore you piece of leather! :laugh:
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    in the healthy bmi range now
  • x7xemilyx7x
    x7xemilyx7x Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nothing too big but when I spend time with my OH (once a fortnight for the weekend as we live away from each other) we pig out on takeaways, chocolate, crisps, pop etc but since Thursday I have eaten within my 1500 calorie range due to planning our meals ahead!! Feel so proud of us for doing this :) No takeaways and just careful treats that ensure I keep within my calorie goal!
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I measured an 80cm waist this morning (yes my waist)!!! woo
  • Ozzzy66
    Ozzzy66 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :happy: I have two,

1) I went to the gym twice a day for five days in a row

2) I did deadlifts. I have had a fear of them because of an old lower back injury, not anymore! :happy:

Not sure if those are NSV but they are a victory for me.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Was able to buy a pair of smaller jeans off the rack and they fit!
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I ran 4 miles with a sub-10 pace.

Grest stuff!
  • Kookyk9s
    Options
    Back to breaking 4.0 mile per hour walks for miles... a mere seven weeks after open heart surgery.

This is awesome!!
  • Kookyk9s
    Options
    Blood pressure is at 101/60 (used to be 150/115).

this is good news for sure.
  • MyIrishSpirit
    MyIrishSpirit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    For my first week back at it I got in 4 workouts, I thought I had fallen off when I missed 2 days. I have this thing that if I can't work out for an hour it's not worth it. Yesterday I was running late so I just didn't go....today I was running late but I WENT ANYWAY. That's huge for me. Breaking down mental barriers.

And my coworker told me she wishes she could be like me. She wants to lose weight too but doesn't know where to start. That felt good. It doesn't show at all yet but she still noticed me making better choices. :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!