Shakeology?

Options
Is it worth it? Does it really make a difference? I want to buy some and try it out, I am doing Insanity now, but its like $140 for just 30days! Seems like a lot of money to me. Did anyone have great results or any amazing change after they started drinking shakology? whats your experience with it and if you like it what the best flavor?

Replies

• mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    The result is you will become a Beachbody Coach and be as irritating as door to door salesmen.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Lol. Your wallet will shrink.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    preface: i have no direct experience.

that said, word on the street is it's a total rip off.

use the search feature of this site and check out some past threads on it.

why are you considering "meal replacement"?
    if youre looking for a bump in protein there are MANY cheaper (and better) alternatives to it.

skip the gimmick, keep busting your *kitten* and eating food.
    looks like youre doing great!

keep it up!:drinker:
  • melybelyc
    Options
    Unless you have tried it, how can you have an opinion? Its a great product worth the money. It costs approx. $4 per serving - once per day (each of my bags has given me approx. 40 days). It costs me more than that to make a salad. How many people spend more than that per day on coffee or lunch, or junk food?

This is not a weight loss shake - its a nutritional supplement. It aids in weight loss - its purpose is to give you dense nutrition. There are over 70 super foods in one shake. It costs approximately the same to use per day as Visalus and Isogenix - because you only drink one per day. You can go to the BB site and order a sample pack for approx. $20 plus shipping. It gives you a chance to try a few of the flavours.

The combination of nutrients gives you energy, reduces cravings, and supports your immune system.

I am a walking advertisement for this product and am damn proud of it.

Coaches are here to help you - not sell you. I am not on this site to sell people, I am a coach and I am here to keep my eating accountable and meet with others who have the same fitness goals I have. I want to offer people help if they need extra support - and I don't get paid for that. My passion is to help others change their lives - nothing gives me more satisfaction.

If any of you have had a bad experience with a coach, I am sorry to hear that. Not all of us are the same.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not worth it. Cheapest ingredients available considering the overblown price.
  • MarlaVSings
    MarlaVSings Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's worth it.

I ordered two months of the chocolate flavor, which tastes really good. I have one every morning with almond milk, but it's been over a month now and I am not feeling the surge of energy, and I don't feel it controls my appetite. Besides, for a health shake, there are cheaper options out there.
  • Tomahawk3Niner
    Options
    check out spiru-tein.
  • Jgrush
    Jgrush Posts: 1
    Options
    I use spiru-tein choc flav n it's really good. Add a squirt of flax seed oil, honey, handful of blue berries, half bandanna, 1 cup water n some ice. Blend. Delish meal replacement.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Unless you have tried it, how can you have an opinion? Its a great product worth the money. It costs approx. $4 per serving - once per day (each of my bags has given me approx. 40 days). It costs me more than that to make a salad. How many people spend more than that per day on coffee or lunch, or junk food?

This is not a weight loss shake - its a nutritional supplement. It aids in weight loss - its purpose is to give you dense nutrition. There are over 70 super foods in one shake. It costs approximately the same to use per day as Visalus and Isogenix - because you only drink one per day. You can go to the BB site and order a sample pack for approx. $20 plus shipping. It gives you a chance to try a few of the flavours.

The combination of nutrients gives you energy, reduces cravings, and supports your immune system.

I am a walking advertisement for this product and am damn proud of it.

Coaches are here to help you - not sell you. I am not on this site to sell people, I am a coach and I am here to keep my eating accountable and meet with others who have the same fitness goals I have. I want to offer people help if they need extra support - and I don't get paid for that. My passion is to help others change their lives - nothing gives me more satisfaction.

If any of you have had a bad experience with a coach, I am sorry to hear that. Not all of us are the same.

70 "superfoods" you say?
    87435-mother-of-god-gif-8iLx.gif

youre right....you really are a walking advertisement.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how a powdered shake could be THAT healthy. Spend the $4 a day on fresh fruit and veggies.

I have known several people that tried both Shakeology and Body by Vi, lost some weight the first couple weeks and then gave up on it due to cost. Just eat clean and exercise and you will see results.

I am good friends with 2 beach body coaches, and they are very inspiring and motivational. They make challenge groups, talk about healthy eating, give motivational quotes on a daily basis and I love following them on Facebook and whatnot. However, it feels a little uncomfortable when they periodically *sneak in* how I should be drinking the shakeology. A neighbor of mine begged me to sign up for it, because if she got just ONE more person to sign up, she'd get HER shakeology for free. That's nice, right. If anything, it taught me to toughen up and learn how to say "NO" to people. lol.
  • theruby
    theruby Posts: 36
    Options
    To help a friend out a year ago, I tried Visalus. I hate that it's a required bank deduction to buy and the whole cancellation process. Was it worth it? Not really for me. I didn't lose significant weight that I would give the shake credit. More so, it was my increased activity when I was losing. It was a nice change sometimes as a meal replacement, but I could buy a can of slimfast or whatever. Extra vitamins are cool, but studies are still out on the type of soy products being used in these things. Actual foods, fruits, veggies, with fresh active phytochemicals are more likely better for your body to process, absoarb, and use. When I replaced 2 meals, I felt ravenous. And I did add things like flax, bananas and peanut butter to help. I still have an unopened bag I will likely use over the summer for occasional breakfast smoothies. Don't want to waste n all. My friend lost a bunch, then has been steadily gaining it back. She always still looked squishy, despite any weight loss... I'd say it's really not worth it unless you want your lifestyle change to be that of a lifetime of spending $$$ on shake products as meals for weight control. You'll get to experience sh!tty meals and food when youre old as dust in a nursing home.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    The result is you will become a Beachbody Coach and be as irritating as door to door salesmen.

I just love these threads.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I like it. I've used it for quite some time now. It works for me BUT that being said, to each their own. I like it because for me it has had great results so I see no reason to change. I have always struggled with remembering breakfast and quite frankly it is one of those meals I don't feel like I have time for so this option works for me. What works for some doesn't work for others. Some find it too expensive, some don't. I guess decide for yourself how you feel about it because this is one of those topics that has people bickering back and forth. Some hate it, some love it.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options

tumblr_mucubvXCT11s0t2l6o2_400.gif
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options

I never have an issue when someone reflects their passion for their business which is designed to get someone healthier and more fit. However I do have issues when they claim it does something they have no scientific proof. So here we go . . . .

Are there any independent third party clinical research studies on humans, published in peer reviewed journals on "Shakology" as a whole product that states the statistic increases/decreases you specify in your posts?
  • anewton8083
    anewton8083 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL these GIFS are the best part of the thread
  • Amy01Liz
    Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just started Shakeology less than a week ago and I. LOVE. IT. Buy a sample package of the flavor your'd like to try before you purchase the entire bag. Also- I managed to score a cheaper bag by purchasing it on Craigslist.

Goodluck! :)
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I used shakeology for 6 months as a breakfast replacement shake. I loved it. I believe that it helped reduce cravings, and was a healthier breakfast option then my standard peanut butter & jelly on bagel. Its not a magic bullet though. Its all about healthy diet, portion control & exercise. Shakeology was just 1 meal option on the way to 90 pound weight loss. Too cut expense, I purchased bags off ebay, never purchased through BB or a coach.

Good luck with decision.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Is it worth it? Does it really make a difference?

No... it is merely an way overpriced protein shake.