Lies we use to tell ourself

Options

Replies

• Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I only had a few mini reeses...no big deal.

YEAH RIIIIIIGHT. I probably had like 10-15 and thought that was only a "few".
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I'll start tomorrow morning. (I said this for 2 years...)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I use to be in good shape/healthy/skinny but then I got married & had kids. :noway:

I've totally used this one to much.
  • KAK68
    KAK68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I will start dieting and exercising after the Holidays- there always seemed to be a Holiday right around the corner- NO MORE !!!!
  • bouka84
    Options
    I'm already over weight what could one more serving do to me?
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    It's okay... I'm going on a long run, tomorrow.
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    "BMI is stupid - I'm not obese.'

I felt the same way until I read about a study that found most obese people think they are merely overweight. And most overweight people (i.e., me) think they are normal. Then I took a long look in the mirror, started pinching the fat on my body and realized that that much fat was not "normal."

But nothing wakes you like your 5 year old saying, "Daddy, you're fat."
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I used most all of these! My favorites were...I'm big-boned (I really am, but I'm also fat!); I carry my weight well - nobody ever guessed I weighed what I do; and I loved the comparison thing - I'm slender compared to some people! My final biggie...I have a thyroid problem. I had actually found 3 different doctors so they could run blood work because I was SURE there must be something wrong with it! Nope, my thyroid is just fine! Now I'm facing the truth head on ;-)
  • xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    OH GOD YES! I always used "I'm so tired, I can make up for it tomorrow". Or...I just ate, I can't work out on a full stomach". Or the doozy, I'll start tomorrow, 1 day won't hurt.
  • xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is over weight has lied to themself, some of us call these excuses. Ex: It's too cold or too hot to go on that walk. I am just big boned. I will start tomorrow. No one cares about me why should I. These are just a few, come on guys and gals share some of the lies/excuses you have used in the past.

I also always used "it's never worked anyways (after only a week I got this thought stuck in my head). I won't lose weight no matter what I do".
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I will never be able to keep it off so why even bother trying.

Everyone in my family is big.

I don't want to have to buy smaller clothes.....I can't afford it. (Like that is a good excuse to stay heavy)
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    ALSO! I used to think because I was in the single digit clothing sizes that everything was okay. No it's not, sizes have changed and if you are 5'4, 160 lbs...that is OVERWEIGHT. It's definately not ok just because you can fit into a "size 8"... and they keep getting bigger every year!

I wear a size 4 now and still think I should be smaller based on my height!
  • themostbeautifullies
    Options
    "I'll start tomorrow morning."

I still use it. Today I caught myself saying that: "Tomorrow morning I exercise."
    Sure... tomorrow morning I'll exercise AGAIN!
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sure... tomorrow morning I'll exercise AGAIN!

Awesome!
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    These sizes must run small.
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This mirror makes me look fat .... (ya and and every other mirror in the world ....)
  • supersarah14
    Options
    1)Tomorrow I will be better.

2)I will sometimes get so frustrated at having to eat healthy that I will just start eating like everyone else. I know I cant do that!!!

3)I have been fat my whole life so I will feel so defeated that I just sometimes do what I shouldn't do. Pity Party basically.

Wow! This is pretty much me in a nutshell.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    i'll start my diet on Monday....why did I always have to start on Monday? And if I screwed up on Tuesday, I would just wait till the next Monday to start again. Why? I used to think like this for smoking too.

Oh that is soooo funny. I was the SAME way!! Like Monday was some magic stinkin' day. LOL

Glad I am not alone. My other one was "I have a slow metabolism." (yeah, cause your fat butt did not get up and work at it to speed it up!!) LOL :laugh:
  • sayambular
    Options
    My most used excuse used to be and sometimes still used is: "BUT IT'S JUST ONE DAY! I'LL BE GOOD TOMROROW!!!. Well, tomorrow never came.
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Me to my mirror image: I am still working on losing the baby weight.

Mirror image to me: Um, yeah, he's 10 now, time to stop using that excuse...