People who have been in maintenance for a while. ..

Options
13»

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I don't log for maintenance. I still weigh in every week. If the scale starts to creep up it's a mental reminder that I need to dial back the consumption. When I'm trying to gain weight I'll log to make sure I hit my macro/calorie targets.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I stopped actively logging in September, but had already been in maintenance for a few months by then so I had a pretty good grasp on what I was eating. I do still log particular meals every now and then, like if I'm trying to see how a new recipe fits into dinner or something along those lines.

At this point, I've been doing it long enough that I know how much I can eat each day without logging and checking. I only weigh myself once a week (if that often) and adhere to sane portion sizes on everything. I love it and it's not as daunting as you think it will be at first.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am been maintaining about 10 years. I log most of the time, but do take months off. I have two physically demanding jobs, there is some overlap in their busy seasons. I can eat upwards of 3,000 calories a day during those times and not gain. I do keep an eye on the scale though and start logging again if I see more than a 5 pound gain.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging. Ironically, I found that when I was very conscientious about logging, I continued to lose weight, and I realized that MFPs calorie goal for my maintenance was lower than necessary. I guess I'm more active than I think I am, or maybe I'm younger? :bigsmile: Anyway, I just decided I'd do the daily weigh-in, and if I'm above my goal weight, I'll eat like I'm dieting, and if I'm several pounds below by goal weight, I'll eat extra yummies. It's not an exact science, but it doesn't have to be. :drinker:
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging. Ironically, I found that when I was very conscientious about logging, I continued to lose weight, and I realized that MFPs calorie goal for my maintenance was lower than necessary. I guess I'm more active than I think I am, or maybe I'm younger? :bigsmile: Anyway, I just decided I'd do the daily weigh-in, and if I'm above my goal weight, I'll eat like I'm dieting, and if I'm several pounds below by goal weight, I'll eat extra yummies. It's not an exact science, but it doesn't have to be. :drinker:

^^ this is what it's like for me :smile:

I just keep an eye on things and adjust when necessary. I'm much more active now than I was when I put on the weight, so that helps a lot!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached my goal but I have maintained this weight without logging for over a year. I never logged though- went with hunger and eating more satisfying foods (ie not potato chips haha). It hasn't gotten me as thin as I want though- that's why I'm here now.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Maintenance was hard for me. I got to eat a bit more, but that got away from me and I gained 10 lbs :(

Yep me too. It's been way harder than losing, but I'm winning the fight, so far at least.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    When I first started in Maintanance, it took me about six weeks to find the right daily intake. I kept loosing weight. I also moved to a paleo diet to try and maintain weight, but build muscle and lower body fat. All of that combined was harder than dieting.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Logging keeps me honest and focused on maintaining.

I've maintained now for 10 months staying within 5 pounds either way of my goal weight of 150.

I don't find the logging food to be that arduous, it's become a habit after almost 2 years of doing so.

There may come a time when I stop logging, but for now it's a good habit for me to have.