Just tell me it's possible (2+ hours on a treadmill :)

Options
13»

Replies

• Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill! :happy: I am on mine for 80 minutes at a time. I think the trick for me is DVD's. I pop in a movie that I love and before you know it you are finished. :smile:
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but you won't catch me doing it. LOL
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    oh its do able... just boring as hell. make sure you have good tunes with a good beat to keep you going!!!
  • knowitall3321
    knowitall3321 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did it for an hour and thirty (ten miler, 10 minute pace). I wont lie, it was really boring (I wasn't trying to push my breathing or speed, just build the endurance) but as long as you have music or something to watch or even someone to talk to you can do it. 13 miles is quite the span, and I wish you luck and happy running!:bigsmile:
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    NETFLIX!!!! I often do 1.5-2 hrs on the treadmill, but have to watch something. If you can't do a movie, try a good TV show or make a youtube playlist of a bunch of music videos. When you are stuck using technology (treadmill), use more technology (tablet/computer) to make it better!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 days a week I run for an hour. In the past, I used to watch a movie or tv program. Since that isn't an option right now I read in really large print on my Kindle. I often walk for 2 or more hours on the treadmill and read textbooks. The print is too small to run while doing that. I've also run to music for an hour but that is sort of boring because I'm staring at a wall.
  • havocgx011
    Options
    I always train on the treadmill in the gym and I just try to remember that I go to gym to look good not to look good at gym, if that makes any sense. I always feel fantastic after and listen to either an audio book / tunes or a lecture while I'm doing it. Good luck with your run
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just watch out - depending on the make of your treadmill, it may not be able to log that length of run - my own one stopped dead after 99 minutes (presumably because the time only has 2 digits), and I wondered what the heck was happening! I just had to restart it, of course, but it took me by surprise...
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Netflix!!!!! If I'm not working out with someone else I do netflix. Watch my heart rate to make sure I'm working out hard enough. I like to do light stuff so I don't get distracted from my workout. Currently I'm watching back episodes of Dr. Who. Yeah I'm a nerd, but a fit nerd :laugh: Not much for the treadmill, but do enjoy a spin bike … same difference. I'm a cyclist and when I can't ride outside, I ride inside. I'm sure it is the same experience.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    How much is it supposed to snow and when is it supposed to start? If you can place your run so it's at the start of the storm you'd probably be okay. I ran while it was snowing the other week, it was about 2 inches by the time I was done with my 2 hour run, not ideal, but manageable and better than the dreadmill.

If that really won't work I'd suggest podcasts or download the zombies run app and do a mission or too. Keeps things interesting. For podcasts I like listening to episodes of "this American life" that I haven't heard or "A Prarie Home Companion" .
  • eknutila
    Options
    Also my understanding is if you do treadmill and want to mimic outdoors (non hill workout) you should put it on a small incline (1-2%).
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I just did 13.1 on a treadmill today, wind and snow brought me indoors!! I had 2 or 3 different people on treadmills next to me the whole time. I was watching episodes of Lost, since I am not fast it took me 2:11
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I once did 15 miles on a treadmill in my garage with no music. I consider it mental training as well as physical.